Question about prepaying gratuities

I like to pay them through my TA before the cruise. That way they are not on my onboard account at the end of the cruise needing to be paid. I've never paid them at embarkation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm not entirely clear on how I need to take care of this. We booked our cruise through a TA. Can I pay them through her? Is it possible to pay them when we check in at embarkation?

Any help is appreciated! :)

Assuming your TA didn't pay them, they'll be added to your onboard bill. If you're not sure if your TA paid them, log into RoyalCaribbean.com, pull up your cruise, click View next to one of the passenger's names, then scroll down to the bottom and see if it lists Prepaid Gratuities as Added.

I liked it better when it was ll done with envelopes. I get why they do it this way and I bet many people didnt tip at all maybe still don't. I have never done the pre cruise tips. I feel it to be too impersonal. It means I have already decided who did good and who did bad. I would never leave nothing but feel that it enough people left a little less the person would try to work harder. I waited tables for 4 years. When I messed up and less tip I understood. When I did right and got rewarded I tried to do more of that and fix what I did wrong. this process is not always 100%. I have bombed and gotten great tips and I have excelled and got nothing.

I am not against the convenience of pre paying and for my upcoming cruise, if we can pay it off (the credit card bill not the rccl invoice which was paid already) we may add them in for that very reason. I will still bring envelopes for those that make the difference.

I'm not entirely clear on how I need to take care of this. We booked our cruise through a TA. Can I pay them through her? Is it possible to pay them when we check in at embarkation?

Any help is appreciated! :)

Contact your TA to prepay gratuities. If you don't prepay, then they will automatically be added to your onboard account on a daily basis.

how much is it per day (in USD) so that I can see if the rates in CDN prepaid is better than onboard with credit card conversion

$13.50 USD gratuity for standard staterooms, $16.50 USD for a Suite.

While pricing things out, see if RCI is using the same conversion factor for purchasing OBC as it is for pre-paying gratuities. If you can get a more advantageous rate for OBC, buy enough to cover your gratuities.