Freedom of the Seas Review: Feb 12-18, 2017 (Western Caribbean)

ASBJumper

Port Day 1 - Grand Cayman

We did the Rays, Reef & Rum Point tour with Nativeway watersports - this was absolutely wonderful, can't say enough good things about them as a company. The water was so balmy (i'm a huge wuss when it comes to chilly water!!), the weather was perfect, everything was fabulous. Rum Point is beautiful, would highly recommend a visit there. The tour company even combined our family's tour with another small group so we got the bonus of going to see and handle the starfish at Starfish Point!

Did they do tender tickets for Grand Cayman? Thanks!!

Thank you for a great review. I like your organization. It is very clear and easy to follow day by day. Plenty of info but not over the top and balanced. I feel so bad about your first sea day, but I love that you didn't let it ruin your vacation and went on to have a great time. Bravo! I will be on March 26 Freedom cruise and your review is very helpful! Thanks again.

Ms. Ernie - (Someone can correct me if i am wrong) I think its just a night where you can wear your Caribbean Style shirt/outfit to the MDR/Windjammer (they may have Caribbean style music playing).

In the Cruise Compass it says "Tonights Dinner Dress Suggestion: Caribbean Night"

-Sean

Thank you. I think I'll skip buying the hubby a Hawaiian shirt then. He would never wear it any other time!!

I will double check my compasses when i get home, I saved all of them. ;)Pics will have to wait, unfortunately... I have spent what little free time I had the last two evenings consolidating, re-naming and uploading them to Facebook. I just don't have the energy or the motivation to upload them to yet another site right now, LOL.

Sea Day 1:

Unfortunately I have nothing interesting to report for this day, as much as I wish I did.. our DD threw up in the cabin the night before (ate something that didn't agree with her - was totally fine after), and we had to call Housekeeping to replace the bedding in my bed. They notified to med bay, so we were summoned to see the doctor in the AM, and even though he examined her and noted she seemed totally fine, just a bit dehydrated, he told us as per CDC rules she had to be quarantined for 24 hours. It was absolutely devastating, we had to take her back to the cabin after promising her some pool time and all sorts of fun. She was miserable and confused and could not understand why we had to stay in the cabin all day. It was a horrible, soul-crushing experience I never wish on any parent.

PS - we ordered room service for dinner and it was HORRIBLE. The only bad meal of our entire trip. Would never do it again.

Port Day 1 - Grand Cayman

We did the Rays, Reef & Rum Point tour with Nativeway watersports - this was absolutely wonderful, can't say enough good things about them as a company. The water was so balmy (i'm a huge wuss when it comes to chilly water!!), the weather was perfect, everything was fabulous. Rum Point is beautiful, would highly recommend a visit there. The tour company even combined our family's tour with another small group so we got the bonus of going to see and handle the starfish at Starfish Point!

I'd love to see your compass--as we are on the same itinerary and I'm a planner!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much!!!! Would love the rest when you have time - trying to coordinate a few similar things for 13 people and times make it WAY easier!

You're welcome! I will post the rest tomorrow had to charge my phone [emoji846]

Next time, just walk out from the port area and walk along the street and you will find a taxi in no time at all.

Yeah, I knew I had to exit the port for a taxi so they insisted that the taxis were inside the port. I always tell them that I don't want a taxi and that I need the exit, once outside the taxis are easy to find

We won't be on FOTS till next February but it's great to see the "Cruise Compasses." Thanx for posting them. I have a question that I'm hoping you can answer for me. Since we are booked a year in advance, do you know, if the prices go down at all if my price will go down also? Or do I need to just keep checking from time to time then phone them if they do?

We won't be on FOTS till next February but it's great to see the "Cruise Compasses." Thanx for posting them. I have a question that I'm hoping you can answer for me. Since we are booked a year in advance, do you know, if the prices go down at all if my price will go down also? Or do I need to just keep checking from time to time then phone them if they do?

Pricing is unpredictable. All you can do it keep checking the website.