What to do in FLL until 6:00 flight?

junglecat

This past Nov. we were able to get a day room at the Riverside in Los Olas that was very reasonable, great place to stay.

This is a very interesting development.

We'll be there over the weekend. We have a 6:00 flight out of Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday the 11th. I also found a Groupon for the Water Shuttle. I"m going to assume Water Taxi is different from Water Shuttle. I'm just not sure how to get from airport to a pick up for either the Water Shuttle or Water Taxi. Does anyone know the difference better/worse between the Water Shuttle and Water Taxi? Thanks all!

The Art Show is on Las Olas this weekend. The boulevard will be shut down for pedestrian traffic only.

http://www.LasOlasBoulevard.com/events

Thanks for this great thread! We're new at all this too and I'm trying to figure out what to do with our family of 5 after our RCC cruise on April 2 - flight not until 7pm. At first I thought of taking an excursion but I'm afraid we'll still have too much time at the airport. We're getting to FL two days early, so we're already going to hang out at Hollywood boardwalk and the beach for several days before the cruise. I don't want to get salty and wet after the cruise and then fly light.

Couple questions to those who have posted - someone mentioned that RCC can store your bags for $25 - is that per bag or family group. Has anyone been to the Science museum? We're not big shoppers. Does anyone know if there is a movie theater someone around where the trolley goes? It's so hard to sort through and overwhelming. I don't want to rent a car but we're willing to use uber.