Coral Princess Emerald deck versus Caribe deck balcony sizes?

jb008

I've tried searching the forums and various sites and I'm now getting very confused by the Coral Princess balcony sizes.

I've currently have a hold on a BD category Caribe 639 but noticed that a block of rooms on Emerald 703 through E735 are all available. What I can't tell is what cabins have the extended balconies... It looks like both the C639 and E7xx series are listed as 234 sq ft (which I believe reflects the larger balcony for both room options). If in fact both cabins have larger balconies, would the Emerald deck ones be completely covered whereas Caribe would be partially uncovered? I'm scrambling to find some options on an Alaska cruise for this May, so pickings are slim especially for a starboard room on a northbound sailing.

Any info and advice here would be greatly appreciated, and many thanks in advance!

Thanks for the link and the picture!

From the site you linked to, it looks like C639 is partially covered while the E7xx rooms are fully covered.

Am I interpreting the picture correctly that the decks 8, 9, and 10 share the same (larger) balcony size for that aft section, while deck 11 is a smaller balcony (and also hence the partially covered status of the Caribe-deck 10 balconies)?

The balcony you have on the Caribe is 1/2 covered. The ones you noted on the Emerald Deck are fully covered.

However the ones on the Emerald are over a lounge. Not sure if there is any noise issue from that.

I think the actual deck size is the same.

The balcony you have on the Caribe is 1/2 covered. The ones you noted on the Emerald Deck are fully covered.

However the ones on the Emerald are over a lounge. Not sure if there is any noise issue from that.

I think the actual deck size is the same.

Thanks for the info and the warning on the lounge! Noise doesn't normally bother us - but I'd aim to grab one of the rooms nearest to the elevators, so hopefully less affected by the lounge <fingers crossed>.

Thanks for the info and the warning on the lounge! Noise doesn't normally bother us - but I'd aim to grab one of the rooms nearest to the elevators, so hopefully less affected by the lounge <fingers crossed>.

FWIW, We had a starboard Emerald deck balcony on our northbound Alaska cruise on the Coral and loved it. In fact, we booked the same stateroom for our March 2018 Panama Canal cruise. You may want to note that on our northbound Alaska the commentary was more focused on the port side. It wasn't a big deal, but if we were to do that cruise again we would probably go with a port balcony.

While I have not sailed Coral previously, I have E737 booked for late May for northbound Alaska. I have done extensive research on these staterooms and I think they may be a secret jewel.

I have had this room booked since last summer and really can't figure out why there are still so many available. Only reason I can guess is that because there are many available that folks think there is something wrong with them.

We'll see in a few months if these cabins are as great as I think they will be.

Thanks for the link and the picture!

From the site you linked to, it looks like C639 is partially covered while the E7xx rooms are fully covered.

Am I interpreting the picture correctly that the decks 8, 9, and 10 share the same (larger) balcony size for that aft section, while deck 11 is a smaller balcony (and also hence the partially covered status of the Caribe-deck 10 balconies)?

We have stayed in E 734 for 15 days and in laws were in E736. Great location and no noise from below.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in E626 on a Panama Canal cruise many years ago. Nice fully covered balcony about 7 feet deep or the same as a mini-suite balcony on the Grand class ships. We were forward of the Universe Lounge so can't comment on noise. The Caribe deck balcony will be even larger at about 9 feet deep and half covered. If you want a fully covered balcony cabin the Emerald deck balconies on the Coral are a great choice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You may want to re-think port side. We had a port side balcony C722 on our nirthbound Alaska cruise. I enjoyed the sunshine in the afternoon on sea days and for glacier bay we were up early listening to rangers from our balcony or popping out to rear viewing deck.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app