how to do tastings with the premium drink package?

guy999

So I would really like to try a bunch of different things, but i'm pretty much a light weight and typically have less than a glass of wine with dinner every 2 weeks or so, so I find when i'm on a cruise i can't have much.

I do like having the premium drink package even though I don't drink that much, maybe so I don't have to worry and because I like nice sparkling water.

Anyways will the bartenders do a tasting if you ask for it. I notice in cellarmasters they have a tasting but it's not on the premium drink package, so could I ask them to just pour me a small glass instead of a full pour and then I would be able to try a few different things.

Last time I was there I went to the molecular bar and the drinks were great but strong, so I had one, but I really wanted to try the rest, so I wonder if there is a way to do that.

I just hate to get a full drink and then return it? pour it out, whatever, which I guess I could do if i had to.

There is no official answer. But if you ask your sommelier at dinner I'm sure this won't be a problem at all.

In addition if you find a friendly bartender I'm sure they'll oblige. They have no reason not too after all.

Have fun tasting away.

Ask your sommelier at dinner to do wine pairings and small pours so you can sample a different wine with each course that is actually paired correctly with the food you are eating. Otherwise, you could wind up with some really awful combinations and you won't know if you like the wine you are trying or not and also the flavor of your food could be ruined.

You can also go to CellarMasters and use your Seapass to buy 1oz pours of wines they have in their Enomatic wine by the glass machine - but compare the wines in the machine to those listed as Wines by the Glass. If they are the same, then no point in paying for them. If they are different, then likely they are more expensive and low production hand made wines which would be better than those wines listed as Wines by the Glass. In that case, it would be worth trying them.

Since you don't drink much wine yet, but are interested, it may be helpful for you to rent or buy John Cleese's video "Wine for the Confused" which is very helpful in understanding the basics of wine in a non-snobbish and fun way. This DVD is available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/John-Cleese-Wine-Confused/dp/B0009NZ6P2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488059130&sr=8-1&keywords=wine+for+the+confused

SuiteTraveler has a very good suggestion!

I am kinda picky about my wines.....not a huge wine drinker, but I have my favorites. When those favorites aren't available, I hate to be wasteful with a full glass, so I ask for just a few ounces of something new. I've never had a problem and I've actually been introduced to some wines that I would have never tried on my own!

We also love to try different drinks while cruising. If we get something we do not like....or decide we have had enough of something...we just set it down and move on to something else. And any wine steward will be more than happy to let you try as many wines as you like.