WOW! Back from February 18 sailing

Cruzinbabe06

I posted video on Youtube, Type in my name, Ernestine Peurifoy, you should see

cruzinbabe06, Tahiti 2017. :)

Videos are dated and in parts, making it easier to follow. These are from Tahiti, Huahine and Tahaa, so far.

More to come!

Did you go to any of the lectures or entertainment? Gaugines? I love your review, I can't wait for our upcoming cruise in June.:)

Plenty of Talks, Presentations, Seminars, Classes, Lectures and Demonstrations

Huahine:

2p. Massage Talk

230p. OTEA Dance Class

3p. Tahitian Language Class

430p. Moonfish Presentation

5p. Tahitian Pearl's Seminar

Tahaa:

2p. Documentary Movie "Fish"

4p. Enrichment Lecture "Oceans and WCS Global Marine Conservation"

6p. Port Talk "Bora Bora"

Bora Bora: (day 1)

2p. Documentary Movie "Plants"

4p. Enrichment Lecture "Sea Change; The Resilience of Pacific Island in a changing World"

4p. Galley Tour

5p. Ships Bridge Tour

630p. Enrichment Lecture "Coral & What is Coral Reconstruction?"

Bora Bora: (day 2)

2p. Documentary Movie "Gauguin; The Last Illusion"

4p to 5p. Cooking demonstration

6p. Port Talk "Moorea"

9p. Movie "The Bounty"

Moorea: (day 1)

2p. Documentary Movie "Creatures of the Deep"

530p. Enrichment Lecture "Mutiny on the Bounty; What really happened?"

Moorea: (day 2)

2p. Documentary Movie "Mammals"

3p. Enrichment Lecture "Recent Archaeological Discoveries on The Brando Resort"

4p. Enrichment Lecture "Marine Conservation and Wildlife of the South Pacific"

In addition, plenty of arts & crafts, games, parties.

We were never bored.:)

Bora Bora - Day 4, Overnight

This is the day we all were waiting for!:D

After some research, we all agreed to see this place by Land & Sea.

After emailing various tour companies, we chose Vavou 4x4 Adventures. They gave us a group rate of $135 p/p for a full day tour. Snorkeling in the morning, lunch on a Motu then 4x4 Land tour.

We were met at the pier and led to our boat. It was just our group, which was great. We went to 3 snorkeling spots. And all 3 were amazing!

The first spot was in very deep water, so I stayed close to the boat. The stronger swimmers had a ball. On our way to the 2nd stop, we ran into other boats and was told there's a Manatee nearby. So off we went. And, we saw it!;p I've seen them before in aquariums, but not out in open water. My smile. Priceless!:D

The second stop was my favorite, since I can't swim. It was waist deep, clear with stingrays and fish everywhere! Stingrays frighten me, so I was getting up the courage to get in the water.

2 of our guides talked me into the water. They held my hand the whole time and walked me over to the rest of the group. I even pet a stingray! We stayed a long time and was never rushed.

The 3rd stop was awesome also. It was near the coastline, wasn't that deep and the scenery was breathtaking! The strong swimmers said this was their favorite stop. "I Love Bora Bora" was written on the ocean floor. My coworker snapped a picture. So cool!

Other boats were there with their groups and a guide started singing. He was so good and It just added to the atmosphere. I couldn't believe I was in Bora Bora!

I have to go back!:)

Edited by Cruzinbabe06

What? No Children of Huahine dance show ...

Yes, I went. I think I wrote it in the Huahine review.

I just posted some highlights, so folks can get an idea of activities onboard.

I also posted video on YouTube.

I wish i knew how to post videos on here.

Bora Bora - Day 4

(Continuation)

By this time everyone is hungry and we are dropped off at the Motu.

We were greeted by a worker who led us to lounge chairs under trees. Restroom was clean and we relaxed til lunch. There was relaxing music playing and the view was amazing!:cool:

Lunch was good with chicken, fish, rice, fruit, etc. beer and water. The tables were in the water with little fish by our feet. Our group was the only ones there.:)

We relaxed until our boat came back to pick us up. Some fell asleep in the chairs, some explored the island. The water was shallow, so I enjoyed floating and staring at the mountains.:cool:

Our boat picked us up and we were dropped off at the pier. We picked up 2 more from our group and was led to two 4x4 trucks.

Bora Bora is breathtaking and we toured around the island, stopping at various locations for photo opportunities.

Our tour guide was awesome and very informative. We learned a lot from him and he patiently answered all our questions.

I have to say, going up to see the canons was scary:o. That incline is so steep, so I just closed my eyes and prayed we didn't go over the cliff.

This tour was enjoyed by all and we were so happy to be here another day.:p

Drink of the Day - (Bora Bora Lagoon) Bacardi Rum, Mango Juice, Coconut Cream, Blue Curacao

10p. Showtime "International Crew Show"

Edited by Cruzinbabe06

Bora Bora - Day 5, All Onboard, 430p

This morning we took the 1st tender (1015a) to the Motu. And it is gorgeous!:D

Be prepared for a wet landing and tender runs every hr.

There's no chairs. We knew this in advance and purchased cloth shower curtains from the 5 & Below store. This worked out better than sitting on a towel.

Remember to bring your suntan lotion and bug spray. There's ants on the beach.

Weather this day was gorgeous! Hot and sunny. Water is shallow, which I loved!:D We did see a stingray. One of my coworkers snorkeled further out. He enjoyed that.

There's chips, water & rum punch. Paddleboard and badminton.

The mountains are incredibly breathtaking! I didn't want to leave.

Hunger set in and we left about 2p.

À well needed relaxing day was enjoyed by all.:cool:

Drink of the Day - (Bounty Bay) Bacardi Light, Myers Rum, Malibu Rum, Orange Juice, Sweet & Sour Mix

930p to 1030p - Dancing under the Stars

1030p to 1115p - Karaoke

Edited by Cruzinbabe06

Moorea - Day 6, Overnight

This day we had an afternoon ATV Tour set up with Moorea Activities Center ($177 single, $187 double). It felt good not having to wake up early.:)

Some coworkers went jetskiing this morning with the same company. They said it was awesome, with 3 snorkeling stops!

We were picked up from the pier and taken to the ATV'S. Hair nets and helmets were given out, then everyone went over and picked their ATV. You're given 2 bottles of water. Since, this was my first time on an ATV, I was a little nervous.:hearteyes:

Our guide showed us how to operate it and after everyone was ready, we were off. :D

The guides were great. One led, while one stayed in the back. They know they're stuff and took plenty of action pictures. These are posted on their website for free, which is nice.:)

This tour lasts about 4 hrs and to me, was worth every penny. We went up and down mountains, through water and fields, we drove on the road, off the road. Stopping for photo opportunities. Moorea is mesmerizing!

It rained a little, making the mountain views more incredible! Words cannot describe this type of beauty!

I got the hang of the ATV real quick, and i have to say, I started feeling young and carefree! It was so exhilarating!:D

The engine is near your inner legs and gets really hot, so I'm glad I wore denim shorts to my knees.

Everything was handled in a professional manner and payment is made at the end of the tour.

They drove us back to the pier and while waiting for the tender we all agreed, another wonderful tour!:cool:

Drink of the Day - (Bali Hai) Bacardi Light, Myers Rum, Creme de Banana, Malibu, Tropical Fruit juices, Coconut Cream & Grenadine

630p to 730p - (Mini Heiva) How to make Hei"s & Lei's demonstration

930p Showtime - "Te Mau Mama No Fa Ato Ai To A"

Moorea - Day 7, All Aboard 430p

Today we booked the Aquablue Helmet Dive through the ship. ($120) What an awesome tour!:D

Our group had the morning & afternoon tours booked. I went with the morning group.

We were met at the pier and taken to the Intercontinental. Nice property. We meet our 3 guides, who were French and gorgeous! They helped us onto the boat and off we went.

Our group is very outgoing, so we had them laughing and joking with us in no time. I even told one i may need mouth to mouth resuscitation.;p He laughed so hard, tears were coming down. They were really nice guys.

We reached the dive spot, which was not deep at all. Maybe 8 to 12 feet. As soon as we pulled up, stingrays and colorful fish was all around.

Our guide talked to us about safety and hand signals. We asked questions, then I went first! I couldn't believe I was doing this! Everyone gets 30 minutes and you're in 4 at a time. They put sardines in this cannister and this is what draws the fish.

They took good care of us! I felt safe the whole time. One stays on the boat making sure oxygen is OK, one person is video taping us. And one gets us all down safely and have us doing things in the water. The video and still photos turned out great! A stingray came up to me, face to face and I touched it! Colorful fish was all around us, up close. It was amazing!

Our time was up and the next group went.

I snorkeled off the boat and didn't want to leave.

Everyone had smiles on their faces! What an experience!:D

As we're riding back to the Intercontinental, you really see the beauty of Moorea! I have to go back!

We arrived back on the ship for lunch and since we were leaving that night:( we relaxed and drank by the pool.

Luggage had to be outside our door at 4p. I have to say, I wasnt ready to leave.

Drink of the Day - (Beachcomber) Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Orange Juice & Grenadine

5p. - Farewell Party

930p - Showtime " O Tahiti E"

Moorea - Day 7, All Aboard 430p

Today we booked the Aquablue Helmet Dive through the ship. ($120) What an awesome tour!:D

Our group had the morning & afternoon tours booked. I went with the morning group.

We were met at the pier and taken to the Intercontinental. Nice property. We meet our 3 guides, who were French and gorgeous! They helped us onto the boat and off we went.

Our group is very outgoing, so we had them laughing and joking with us in no time. I even told one i may need mouth to mouth resuscitation.;p He laughed so hard, tears were coming down. They were really nice guys.

We reached the dive spot, which was not deep at all. Maybe 8 to 12 feet. As soon as we pulled up, stingrays and colorful fish was all around.

Our guide talked to us about safety and hand signals. We asked questions, then I went first! I couldn't believe I was doing this! Everyone gets 30 minutes and you're in 4 at a time. They put sardines in this cannister and this is what draws the fish.

They took good care of us! I felt safe the whole time. One stays on the boat making sure oxygen is OK, one person is video taping us. And one gets us all down safely and have us doing things in the water. The video and still photos turned out great! A stingray came up to me, face to face and I touched it! Colorful fish was all around us, up close. It was amazing!

Our time was up and the next group went.

I snorkeled off the boat and didn't want to leave.

Everyone had smiles on their faces! What an experience!:D

As we're riding back to the Intercontinental, you really see the beauty of Moorea! I have to go back!

We arrived back on the ship for lunch and since we were leaving that night:( we relaxed and drank by the pool.

Luggage had to be outside our door at 4p. I have to say, I wasnt ready to leave.

Drink of the Day - (Beachcomber) Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Orange Juice & Grenadine

5p. - Farewell Party

930p - Showtime " O Tahiti E"

Thanks again for writing this review! I have been considering the helmet dive as one of our excursions. Do you get copies of the photos and video that they took included in the price of the tour? Or do they charge you extra for it?

Wonderful review Marie ......... I almost feel like I'm there which means it was written well :)

So tomorrow we get to hear of your departure and when you caught the Tahitian Flu ..........

Thank you:)

I love reading reviews, and just wanted to give back. It gets the person even more excited for their upcoming vacation.:D

It's funny you mentioned the Tahitian Flu, my coworker called me not to long ago. She said she having Bora Bora withdrawal. LOL!

We started talking about next year and going to look into the Fiji itinerary. If possible, we would like to sail the Paul Gauguin again. 7 days was not long enough for me.:p

Thank you:)

I love reading reviews, and just wanted to give back. It gets the person even more excited for their upcoming vacation.:D

It's funny you mentioned the Tahitian Flu, my coworker called me not to long ago. She said she having Bora Bora withdrawal. LOL!

We started talking about next year and going to look into the Fiji itinerary. If possible, we would like to sail the Paul Gauguin again. 7 days was not long enough for me.:p

Agreed, 7 is not enough

Fiji would be nice along with the Society Islands. We love something new and something familiar on the same trip ......

Thanks again for writing this review! I have been considering the helmet dive as one of our excursions. Do you get copies of the photos and video that they took included in the price of the tour? Or do they charge you extra for it?

No, it's not included.:(

For the video & still photos I think it was $110 extra.

We split the cost and my coworker copied the CD and gave each of us a copy.

Also, a coworker had her GoPro in the water with us.

No, it's not included.:(

For the video & still photos I think it was $110 extra.

We split the cost and my coworker copied the CD and gave each of us a copy.

Also, a coworker had her GoPro in the water with us.

Holy cow! That's quite an upcharge!! I will definitely have an underwater camera down there with me, but not sure if they will take photos of my husband and I together on my person camera if they are trying to sell us the photos from their camera. Maybe we can trade cameras with the other pair who goes down with us haha

Holy cow! That's quite an upcharge!! I will definitely have an underwater camera down there with me, but not sure if they will take photos of my husband and I together on my person camera if they are trying to sell us the photos from their camera. Maybe we can trade cameras with the other pair who goes down with us haha

Yes, I definitely would do that!:)

I enjoyed your You Tube videos! I found your videos under cruzinbabe06. Keep them coming!

We have traveled on the PG in the months of October, November and early December and found the weather to be wonderful.

OK. Thamk you! I wasn't sure how to find them.

I have more from our excursions. Will post the rest tomorrow.:)