What is this Cruise Personaliser?+ more questions

bigpud

As I read all this great info,the term cruise personaliser comes up.What is this?Also has anyone taken a 17 year old on a cruise,awkward age..he would love to hang about the bar but:( .Also we want to stay in Singapore a few days before or after but don't know how to go about this as you don't find out about flights until 55 days before.Has anyone else been in this situation?Do you get a choice of flights/times? Pippa

April 15th Pacific Sky-Westen Tropics

the cruise personaliser is available on the p& o website.

http://www.pocruises.com.au

up the top in the nav bar you will see cruise personaliser.

click on this then about 1/3 of the way down you'll see P&O Cruises - South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand, Asia

in this panel you'll see a lick to agree to the terms and conditions.

click the link and agree to the t&c's on the bottom of the page.

Once done.

it will bring up a new window (make sure you have pop ups enabled) and you can enter your first and last name as it appears on your booking) together with your P&O booking number (not a TA ref #).

Form here you will be logged in and can view your itinerary and other details.

Hope that helps.

Dan

Singapore is a great place - went this year and going again next July. We are going to book our flights ourselves as its usually cheaper. We are planning to go 3 days before our cruise and 3 days after. There is a great hotel you can book online about a 5 minute walk to Orchard Road. Its called "The York". Prices online are reasonable and we also had a buffet breakfast thrown in. Its a very easy place to get around once you know the drill. Public transport is fantastic. We only used a cab twice once from the airport and once to the airport. Gayle

apparently your tickets dnt get sent out until the cruise personalier is filled out and your balance is paid.. mum sent off a cheque and since my bf is on a diff booking number only his ticket was sent out and ours still havent been because another lady coming with us hasnt got her passport yet so she cant fill out that section..

its stupid, i dnt understand why they need that info now when they didnt before

Bet they are making things up again. Whats the point of having the form to fill out if you have to do it online. What about all the people without internet access.

That's exactly what I was going to say.

Karen

apparently your tickets dnt get sent out until the cruise personalier is filled out and your balance is paid.. mum sent off a cheque and since my bf is on a diff booking number only his ticket was sent out and ours still havent been because another lady coming with us hasnt got her passport yet so she cant fill out that section..

its stupid, i dnt understand why they need that info now when they didnt before

OK. Now I have a problem. Because we are a family of 5 & the cruise personaliser only caters for 4, my details are not on there. Therefore, I have filled in no details whatsoever for myself. Does this mean I'm not going to get a ticket?

Karen

karen,

Apparently on 5 berth cabins there are actually 2 booking numbers. You may need to check with p&o what the second number is to fill out the details.

I was reading somewhere (maybe this forum, not sure) of people saying that there young children (5yo) in some cases were showing on a completely seperate booking form.

Dan

OK. Now I have a problem. Because we are a family of 5 & the cruise personaliser only caters for 4, my details are not on there. Therefore, I have filled in no details whatsoever for myself. Does this mean I'm not going to get a ticket?

Karen

As Dan said, families of 5 get 2 booking numbers.

My 4yr old is on a different booking number and when I looked at his details on the cruise personaliser he had been put on a different deck to the rest of us:( .

After filling out the forms, P&O still made "typos". When I called them to get the details changed, I was told I had to go and see my travel agent so the travel agent could call P&O and request the changes. I asked them why I should have to go to the travel agent when they had made the errors...I was given the same answer. I then asked them what would happen if I didnt have the internet and didnt pick up the mistakes? She said that the travel agent would "hopefully" pick up the errors when the tickets came:eek: and then they would make the changes and issue new tickets.....

Anyway... my son is now on the same deck as us:) and all the other mistakes have been fixed BUT I still check the cruise personaliser often.

Kazza

Sorry Karen you are not going :D

You mean I've spent the last 13 months looking forward to nothing? What a bummer!:mad:

When I first found the personaliser and checked it out, I rang the TA to tell them my name wasn't on it.:confused: She said not to worry and explained that the system only allows for 4. However, she never attempted to give me another booking number and I didn't know that we HAD to fill in the details. I honestly thought it was an optional thing. I mean, the TA never mentioned it either, I just happened to find it. Anyway, I'm going to ring the TA now and see if I can get a booking number for me.

Karen

You mean I've spent the last 13 months looking forward to nothing? What a bummer!:mad:

When I first found the personaliser and checked it out, I rang the TA to tell them my name wasn't on it.:confused: She said not to worry and explained that the system only allows for 4. However, she never attempted to give me another booking number and I didn't know that we HAD to fill in the details. I honestly thought it was an optional thing. I mean, the TA never mentioned it either, I just happened to find it. Anyway, I'm going to ring the TA now and see if I can get a booking number for me.

Karen

Karen, when I was looking at the personaliser and trying to enter my details (and I kept trying for days:mad: )and couldn't, my TA rang PO and they told her I had to enter my husbands name. I don't know why as I'm the one who's done all the bookings and dealings. Go figure!!!!:confused: Well it worked. Not sure whose name you're entering but maybe try your hubbys. (I figure you're the one whose done all the organising). I only found at about this personaliser from all you guys. You'd think there would be a lot of people out there not aware of this personaliser and don't have the internet, so what do they do??

Good luck with it. Kerri

Kerri, the booking is in my husbands name and when I enter his name on the personaliser it works. It was just that, because we are a family of 5 and the system only allows for 4 names, my name wasn't on there. The thing is, the TA never told me I was under another booking number. I just figured my details weren't on there and as I thought it was purely an optional thing (simply because not everybody has the internet and this sort of thing should be the TA's job - what do we pay them for?:confused: ) I wasn't concerned. It was only after reading posts on here that I realised I should have 2 booking numbers. Anyway, I have today got the 2nd booking number and yes, I am on there.:)

Karen

I was just reading the P&O booking conditions and it says:

"Documentation will be dispatched approximately 40 days prior to sailing provided the online booking form
or
the booking form enclosed in this brochure is completed and full payment has been received by P&O Cruises"

So you can do either/or.

We can get into it on using either of the names on the booking - always have been able to...

Kerri - maybe P&O have your name spelt wrong on your booking - the spelling has to match otherwise it won't accept it. Maybe they have entered you as Kerri with a 'y' not an 'i'? Maybe you should check, because it could mean your booking details don't match your passport details. I had to correct my spelling as they'd spelled Kym with an 'i' not a 'y' either on this cruise or our last one.

kym

Karen, when I was looking at the personaliser and trying to enter my details (and I kept trying for days:mad: )and couldn't, my TA rang PO and they told her I had to enter my husbands name. I don't know why as I'm the one who's done all the bookings and dealings. Go figure!!!!:confused: Well it worked. Not sure whose name you're entering but maybe try your hubbys. (I figure you're the one whose done all the organising). I only found at about this personaliser from all you guys. You'd think there would be a lot of people out there not aware of this personaliser and don't have the internet, so what do they do??

Good luck with it. Kerri

Archived