Why does no-one mention guest entertainers?

suey

I was just wondering why no-one ever mentions the guest entertainers on board. Am I the only one to watch the shows??:)

Having been on 8 cruises, next one in January and one in the planning stages, I always look forward to seeing who the guest entertainers are. We have had some great ones but also some shocking rejects from the local club scene, I think. Our favourite was Liz Layton, a singer comedienne who was excellent. Also have had Frankie Davidson (excellent), Brett Anabel (very good), Ugly Dave Gray (OK) and many others who names I can't remember (I suppose that speaks for itself). I always enjoy the shows but sometimes more so than at other times. Friends who went on the sky in Sept had Normie Rowe, I wouldn't mind him.

Guest entertainers on the two cruises I've been on have been hardly worth mentioning. On Pacific Sky we had a late middle aged comedian/singer (Peter Dean) who's jokes were older than he was. On Pacific Sun we had an operatic singer (Davidia) who was quite good, and a magician/illusionist (Sam Powers) who did very little magic but had lots of lights and loud music to create the illusion.

Kym

I was just wondering why no-one ever mentions the guest entertainers on board. Am I the only one to watch the shows??:)

Having been on 8 cruises, next one in January and one in the planning stages, I always look forward to seeing who the guest entertainers are. We have had some great ones but also some shocking rejects from the local club scene, I think. Our favourite was Liz Layton, a singer comedienne who was excellent. Also have had Frankie Davidson (excellent), Brett Anabel (very good), Ugly Dave Gray (OK) and many others who names I can't remember (I suppose that speaks for itself). I always enjoy the shows but sometimes more so than at other times. Friends who went on the sky in Sept had Normie Rowe, I wouldn't mind him.

I think they change fairly regularly so that's why people don't really mention them. We went to every show on our cruises except the P&O one we had seen before.

On our last cruise there was a British comedian who was pretty funny, a lady who pretended to be different singers. Not that great and certainly wore here dresses a size too small. Finally there was a hypnotist who was very good and a nice guy also.

quote]

In one of my posts I mentioned the guest entertainer we had in June onboard the Pacific Sun.

"Lisa Crouch" She performed for two nights and was so popular, she was asked to do a third performance. Every seat was occupied and people were standing in the doorways. I tried to buy her CD but it had sold out after her second performance.

I was going to take my mum to see her at one of the local clubs but something came up. We would love it if she was on our next cruise.

Kazza

We had Brett Anabel and I think Ugly Dave Grey when we were on the sky in august last year.

Brett was quite good. Dave.. hmmm.. Its funny the first night show where they tease you with whats comming up was fantastic.. We went back the next night for Dave's show and left about 20 mins in cause it was crap.

It's interesting how they (p&o, cruise director, etc) make out like they are there for your cruise only. Then you find out they are doing the rounds and end up doing stints all over.

Dan

i was on sky in august we had ugly dave grey and a guy from sydney calle patricio rodrigrues he sang mexican songs had a great voice and a great guy as well. as for ugly dave grey he told the same jokes he used to tell on don lane show he was bearable i much prefer the intro by james ibriham i love the way he works the crowd over usually picked on me

I usually enjoy the shows. Although I have seen some shockers. I usually go to the first show where they introduce anyone and then decide if I want to subject myself any further to the pain of watching some of the acts. We had a pretty ordinary comedian on the last one and I didn't even bother trying his show as I was not at all impressed with his preview. From what I heard he then went on to do the same thing for the whole hour show which I would have found quite boring, so was glad I missed it.

We have had a few acts get sea sick too and had their shows juggled. That's always interesting. I guess it would be something they would have to get use to considering the show lounges are all high up at the front of the ships which is where there is the most movement.

I guess guest entertainers are a bit like cruise staff in that when you have heard or seen all their jokes they can be a little draining and repetitive.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

We actually found the lead entertainer/announcer/MC? (he hosted the Bingo, trivia etc) was quite offensive in some of his jokes. During jackpot bingo the jokes were racist and a few people in the audience booed at some of them. I'm not sure what his name was?

I'm quite liberal and can take a joke but I did find some were offensive.

Did anyone else find this?

Archived