FOD get togethers on the Coral Princess

TorontoTL

Hi everyone, just back from 10 wonderful days onboard the lovely Coral Princess. To everyone of the guys who we met on that ship I want to say thank you for a great time. I had emailed the CD on the Coral the week before requesting an FOD meeting for the first sea day. He one upped my request and booked an FOD meeting at the Crooner's martini lounge for every seaday and had one of the great entertainment staff host the party with unlimited sparkling wine available to us at no charge! Needless to say we all got a bit tipsy from this and as a result didn't have too many of their great martinis. To anyone who is planning a Princess cruise, make sure you email the CD before your cruise and request a FOD meeting on your cruise. It was a great way of meeting other family on the cruise.

Hi everyone, just back from 10 wonderful days onboard the lovely Coral Princess. To everyone of the guys who we met on that ship I want to say thank you for a great time. I had emailed the CD on the Coral the week before requesting an FOD meeting for the first sea day. He one upped my request and booked an FOD meeting at the Crooner's martini lounge for every seaday and had one of the great entertainment staff host the party with unlimited sparkling wine available to us at no charge! Needless to say we all got a bit tipsy from this and as a result didn't have too many of their great martinis. To anyone who is planning a Princess cruise, make sure you email the CD before your cruise and request a FOD meeting on your cruise. It was a great way of meeting other family on the cruise.
Glad to hear you had a good time on Coral Princess. Who was the CD?

I have a stupid question...how does one get the e-mail address of the CD of a particular ship? We are doing the Dec21 Regal Princess from FtLaud to Rio and would love to set up a FOD.

Ed/Jeff

Email the ship at regalprincess@princesscruises.com. In the subject line, put in capital letters ATTN: CRUISE DIRECTOR (or if you know the CD’s name, even better). This also works if you want to email a passenger on board – just put their name and cabin number in the subject line. It works the same for any Princess ship – just change “regal” to whatever the ship’s name is.

On this particular trip, you should be well taken care of...trust me.

The CD was a guy named JJ Urlich. I never really chatted with him, but the assistants were all soooo much fun. They kept tracking us down to participate in their various games and things. At the end of the cruise they came to us and thanked us for making the cruise enjoyable for them. It was really great. JJ is really cute, but straight.

The CD was a guy named JJ Urlich. I never really chatted with him, but the assistants were all soooo much fun. They kept tracking us down to participate in their various games and things. At the end of the cruise they came to us and thanked us for making the cruise enjoyable for them. It was really great. JJ is really cute, but straight.

It’s always good to keep track of the gay-friendly Cruise Directors. Sounds like you had a great time – how was the FOD turn out?

Brian, the FOD's were great. We met a total of 9 other FOD while on this cruise, which gave us a total of 13. The meetings were always alot of fun with most of the group showing up at most of the meetings. At one point an elderly lady showed up, she said she was trying to attend everything on the Patter that day. We explained to her what the meeting was about, but she really didn't understand. We told her it was a meeting for gay/lesbians to meet and get to know each other. Her response was, that would be a problem...? She stayed for a while after downing some of the free champagne and then finally left. We all had a good laugh at that. We also got the ships photographer to come and take a group photo as well. For anyone going on a Princess cruise, I would strongly suggest emailing the CD ahead of time requesting FOD meetings because I believe it is their policy to book them if requested according to one of the assistant CD's on the Coral.

Thanks guy, this will be our 4th on the regal in 2 years. Love that ship.

Ed/Jeff

Ed – regarding your post on the Princess board about my friend – drop me a note at bdjam1@yahoo.com and we’ll chat. He wouldn’t be happy with me if I broadcast all over the boards (although he has been mentioned in complementary terms by others who have posted here).

Brian, the FOD's were great.
Glad to hear – I’m hoping to have a similar experience on Dawn Princess – I’m sailing next month…

Archived