need some info

ameliaw

we are going on destiny 12/4. my husband and i always get a guar. cabin. however , my cousin got a assigned cabin. she just got her docs and has been upgraded to a room that she doesn't want. what are her options? you all will know more than our t a or carnival. thanks in advance, amelia

Sorry Amelia--too bad. thats the chances of booking guarantee.

If booking a guarantee and not liking the cabin people can change== what a mess that would create.

Where is her cabin that she is not happy

She can always pay the difference to upgrade to a differnt cabin.

If she booked an assigned cabin and someone upgraded without her approval-- I would be bitching to the agent and let her take care of it.

She should contact her TA and let them know there was a reason they booked an assigned cabin... and they should have contacted her before moving her. Ask that she be put in a similar cabin or close by where her other one was, if they have already sold her original cabin... have her be very firm about it. Good luck!

Sorry Amelia--too bad. thats the chances of booking guarantee.

If booking a guarantee and not liking the cabin people can change== what a mess that would create.

Where is her cabin that she is not happy

She can always pay the difference to upgrade to a differnt cabin

Maybe I misunderstood? I thought her sister booked an assigned cabin???

Okay, so retract what I just said earlier... if she did book a guarantee, that is the breaks.

thanks for chiming back at me.she had an assigned cabin, and they moved her to a cabin that was not to her liking. we all booked in march, so there should have been no problem. she has already called the t-a and i guess shes working on it. any other ideas ? thanks ,amelia

was she upgraded to a higher category???

Please tell us-- what she booked and what she wound up with.

See I book a set cabin and tell the agent-- I dont even want a suite.

Carnival should have called her agent FIRST before they made a change. I sincerly hope the agent jsut didnt approve it without the aprroval of the client taking it for granted that she would be happy.

thanks for chiming back at me.she had an assigned cabin, and they moved her to a cabin that was not to her liking. we all booked in march, so there should have been no problem. she has already called the t-a and i guess shes working on it. any other ideas ? thanks ,amelia

I am also interested in the cabin she lost and the cabin she was "upgraded" to. When I booked our upcoming cruise, I informed our TA that under no circumstances did we want an upgrade. (we have corner aft booked)

But as for the cabin, if I picked my own "assigned" cabin, I would expect to be informed before they moved me. Let us know the details...

I am also interested in the cabin she lost and the cabin she was "upgraded" to. When I booked our upcoming cruise, I informed our TA that under no circumstances did we want an upgrade. (we have corner aft booked)

But as for the cabin, if I picked my own "assigned" cabin, I would expect to be informed before they moved me. Let us know the details...

Your cousin booked an assigned cabin. Her TA would have to approve any changes that Carnival wanted to make. Cousin needs to discuss this with her TA, not Carnival. And, she needs to be adamant that she chose that particular cabin for a reason. If nothing can be done, the TA needs to try and give her a shipboard credit for her aggrevation, I'd think.

hello all, thanks for replying! she booked an aft bacony(where she wanted to be).was upgraded to a cat. 11 suite. she did not like the location of the new room. as they don't spend much time in the room, size doesn't matter (lol for all us women) but the location doe's. other than that the t-a is working on it. hopefully it will turn out ok. amelia

ouch--- thats wold really pi$$ me off. Take me out of an aft cabin and put me into a suite??? ARGHHHH we book an aft for a reason.

This is all on the TA..and hope your cousin comes out on the deal. Is there any afts left?

TA should give her an on board credit if he/she cannot reverse the cabin switch. The one time this happened to me the TA gave us a $200 on board credit. I'm sure the TA thought upgrading to a suite would be a wonderful thing but anytime you book a specific cabin they should know to check with the passenger first.

Archived