Shuttle from Tampa Airport to our hotel

jamadeliz

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good shuttle service to our hotel? We are arriving a day early for our Dec. 10th cruise (provided Delta doesn't go on strike and force us to drive from Massachusetts). I have done a web search but there are too many names to go through.

Thanks!

Maria

I agree with what mdc99 said about taxis and hotel shuttles. If you still need a recommendation, try SuperShuttle. I have used a couple of times from TPA and other airports. You normally don't need reservations leaving the airport. They have representatives in booths outside of baggage claim and you tell them your destination. Their vans are located in the same area.

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good shuttle service to our hotel? We are arriving a day early for our Dec. 10th cruise (provided Delta doesn't go on strike and force us to drive from Massachusetts). I have done a web search but there are too many names to go through.

Thanks!

Maria

Hi Maria,

Have you tried to see if your hotel provides shuttle service. I just booked with Hampton Inn. They offer shuttle until 1:00 am. We will still have to pay for a taxi the next day to get to the pier, but it isn't too bad.

I'm booked in La Quinta Inn, Tampa airport and they have free shuttle and a shuttle from the hotel to the pier at a cost of $10pp. The same exact thing applies to the Best Western Westshore hotel. Check with your hotel and see what they offer, before you rack your brains.

Thanks everyone. We are staying at the Residence Inn downtown, they don't have an airport shuttle but they do provide a shuttle to the ship in the morning.

We have 5 people in our party (including 3 young children) so I am trying to have everything pre-arranged.

Thanks again for your help!

Maria

Maria - I would check online at the Tampa airport - they give you the name of some shuttle services. We had nine in our party and had checked into getting a van for all of us! Didn't need it because hotel provided shuttle from airport and to the port!

• 2 weeks later...
I plan to post an extensive review soon. Got in late last night. But the short answer to the question is BlueOne. It was free from airport to hotel and $10pp from Hotel to Pier and from Pier to airport. They were GREAT!!

I'm looking forward to your review.

However, isn't the cab fare about $20 from the airport area to the port? If so, for two or more people, the shuttle doesn't appear to be much of a savings. Did I figure the taxi fare wrong?

You could be right, but from posts here on CC I called TampaBayShuttle and they were considerably more expensive. Maybe a regular, run of the mill, taxi from the airport would have been less....I guess I'll never know. I will say, it's a pretty good distance from the airport to the pier, so I'm sure that's a big factor. Another thing, is that once we disembarked, we called BlueOne (which we had paid in advance, as we paid round trip) and asked if they could pick us up later and we checked our luggage at the pier for $5 and went dawdling in Tampa and then to the movies before we went back to the pier and then on to the airport.

We stayed at the Mariott right at the airport and the cab fare was $20 one way to the port.

Thanks, alexmay. I thought it was around $20.

There are two of us, but we'll likely opt for a cab as the pricing is comparable to the shuttle and it will likely be faster.

Just cruised from Tampa on 11/19 and also flew Delta from Massachusetts! There are several hotels with free shuttle. I searched the AAA website. We stayed at the Hampton Inn, Rocky Point - about 3 miles from the airport. $80/night with breakfast. They advertise 24 hour shuttle, turns out on Saturday and Sunday it stops at midnight. In any event, if you arrive before midnight, you can use the free shuttle. Cab was $11. From Hotel to Pier we used Blue One Shuttle - $10/person - cheaper than Super Shuttle and turns out this was round trip! Let me know if other questions.

Archived