Carnival Beverage package

lastof4

Soon to be going on the Breeze. I'm not a huge drinker so don't know if it is worth getting the beverage package. For any of you that recently cruised on Carnival can you tell me the cost of drinks, wine and beer without the package? Maybe that way I can determine if its worth it for me.

Soon to be going on the Breeze. I'm not a huge drinker so don't know if it is worth getting the beverage package. For any of you that recently cruised on Carnival can you tell me the cost of drinks, wine and beer without the package? Maybe that way I can determine if its worth it for me.

The average break-even point on Cheers is about 5-6 drinks per day, depending on what you are drinking. Rounded, low-end beers are around $6, frozen drinks around $9, wine by the glass and hard liquors vary widely.

I have read here you need to have 8-9 drinks a day to make the package worth it. We do not drink during the day and do not even like beer so its not worth it at all for us. If you ask for the house drink, that is the lowest priced drinks. My husband's Gin & tonic is Bombay gin, my wine is Santa Carolina. With tip (15%) it is about $15. Tips are automatic on all drinks including soda. If you don't ask for a specific brand of alcohol, the waiter can get you the most expensive brand and then get a bigger tip. So always ask for a brand. Carnival no longer has Tanqueray or Jim Beam but can't figure why as those are two popular brands!

You can buy a bucket of beer for less than one beer each, that comes 4 bottles, I think, in a 'bucket' full of ice. Friends get it and put beer in their refrigerator for later drinking.

On some ships EVERYONE in the cabin MUST buy the package. If you have it, you cannot buy anyone a drink, you are the only one who can use it. And, waiters make sure the drink is for you, no one else.

On some ships EVERYONE in the cabin MUST buy the package. If you have it, you cannot buy anyone a drink, you are the only one who can use it. And, waiters make sure the drink is for you, no one else.

On Carnival, it is not "some ships." Carnival's policy is that everyone in the cabin 21 and over must purchase the package if one does.