Anthem of the Seas Review from Bahamas sailing

We were also on this sailing. My daughter couldn't finish her dinner one night and we asked for a cover to take it back to cabin. Had no issues with them giving it to us.

how big are the fridges? i remember on NCL i wanted to save some room service pizza but it was really a tiny fridge and i had to cut up the box to try to fit stuff in .

I cannot speak to anything but the Anthem, sorry. On our trip, you merely showed up at Cafe 270 and picked up a ticket (you can get as many as needed; one family member can pick up for all) and then waited for your number to be called, starting with 1 and going in order. Sometimes, they called three numbers at a time, other times, they called one at a time, with really no rhyme or reason to it, so patience is required.

ok so they did mandate the order. so if i had ticket 25 and tried to pass by with them calling just tickets 1 and 2, they wouldnt let me off? if so that is good. prevents chaos

basically what i had on my other ship was horrible. everyone herded into a theater and they called out row by row without regard to tender times . it was purely by time you got there. so it really is not necessary on that ship to even get a time. just a not fun experience and took over 1 hour after you got there to get off

how big are the fridges? i remember on NCL i wanted to save some room service pizza but it was really a tiny fridge and i had to cut up the box to try to fit stuff in .

If you're in a normal stateroom, it'd be tough.

ok so they did mandate the order. so if i had ticket 25 and tried to pass by with them calling just tickets 1 and 2, they wouldnt let me off? if so that is good. prevents chaos

basically what i had on my other ship was horrible. everyone herded into a theater and they called out row by row without regard to tender times . it was purely by time you got there. so it really is not necessary on that ship to even get a time. just a not fun experience and took over 1 hour after you got there to get off

We saw some people try to cut in line during our tender time. They only check so many tickets, more quality control with faith that people will respect the system rather than taking each person's ticket, so it does happen, but all those trying it do in reality is slow the process down for everyone.

Thank you veeeery much for review! Very helpful!

Some questions:

1.Have you tried bumper cars or rollers on AOS?!

And if yes, what is approximate schedule?

2. How did you booked North Star & iFly? On board or online beforehand?

And if onboard, how: on the excursion/reception desk or via Royal IQ app?

Many thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are so many little things you don't think of but that are trip essentials. This is one of them, so thank you!

Yes, a card in the key slot inside the room is required for electricity to work. Yes, you will leave the room, get to the elevator, and realize you do not have it. Yes, you will wake up in the morning in a panic thinking you misplaced it just to remember its in the light pod. Yes, it is a bit of a nuisance.

But, it is an environmental thing, and understandable.

And, thanks for the kind words. I'm happy that there has been so much discussion here, as that was my goal.

What does this mean? Without something in some card slot you can't leave a light on whether your in or out of the room? We will be sailing on the Anthem in July.

By the way: This is a wonderful review. Thanks for taking the time.

Thank you veeeery much for review! Very helpful!

Some questions:

1.Have you tried bumper cars or rollers on AOS?!

And if yes, what is approximate schedule?

2. How did you booked North Star & iFly? On board or online beforehand?

And if onboard, how: on the excursion/reception desk or via Royal IQ app?

Many thanks in advance!

I'm sorry, we did not try either of those since we do not have kids and really weren't interested ourselves. If you start a thread here on CC I bet someone could weigh in, though.

We booked both North Star and iFly online beforehand through the RC website's Cruise Planner. We sailed mid-Feb and I have email confirmations of booking it from mid-November so about the 100-120 day range it should appear online to book. If you wait to do it on the ship, then yes, you can do it through the Royal IQ app.

What does this mean? Without something in some card slot you can't leave a light on whether your in or out of the room? We will be sailing on the Anthem in July.

By the way: This is a wonderful review. Thanks for taking the time.

Thanks for reading!

And, yes: The room's air conditoning and lights are operated with switches to turn them on and off of course, but the entire room's ability to have lights and air is run off having something in the key card slot to more or less confirm someone is in the room and thus not wasting energy. It's a part of RC's Save the Waves program.

I'm sorry, we did not try either of those since we do not have kids and really weren't interested ourselves. If you start a thread here on CC I bet someone could weigh in, though.

We booked both North Star and iFly online beforehand through the RC website's Cruise Planner. We sailed mid-Feb and I have email confirmations of booking it from mid-November so about the 100-120 day range it should appear online to book. If you wait to do it on the ship, then yes, you can do it through the Royal IQ app.

Thank you very much!

Unfortunately I'm late with online booking ))) 17 days before boarding and 50 days prior cruise it was already unavailable to book North Star & iFly online.

So wish me luck to book it onboard )))

One more thing:

I heard there is an escape room ))

Do you know smth about it?

Thank you very much!

Unfortunately I'm late with online booking ))) 17 days before boarding and 50 days prior cruise it was already unavailable to book North Star & iFly online.

So wish me luck to book it onboard )))

One more thing:

I heard there is an escape room ))

Do you know smth about it?

I've seen people talking about it, but we saw nothing indicating that still exists on Anthem.

It's in my cruise planner but says

Online reservations are not available. Please check onboard.

escape-future-3170-hero.jpgESCAPE FROM THE FUTURE BY PUZZLE BREAK

CHECK ONBOARD

• RESTRICTIONS

Yes view

OVERVIEW

Looking for an activity that will challenge your mind and keep you guessing? Escape from the Future is the perfect game for you. Join us for a live-action escape-the-room experience where teams are locked in a room full of hidden clues and puzzles and must use their wits and teamwork to escape in the one hour time limit!

HELPFUL HINTS

• This is a 1 hour team building activity.
  • No food or drinks allowed in the activity room.
  • No wet clothes allowed.

RESTRICTIONS

• Must be 12 years or older to participate.

It's in my cruise planner but says

Online reservations are not available. Please check onboard.

escape-future-3170-hero.jpgESCAPE FROM THE FUTURE BY PUZZLE BREAK

CHECK ONBOARD

• RESTRICTIONS

Yes view

OVERVIEW

Looking for an activity that will challenge your mind and keep you guessing? Escape from the Future is the perfect game for you. Join us for a live-action escape-the-room experience where teams are locked in a room full of hidden clues and puzzles and must use their wits and teamwork to escape in the one hour time limit!

HELPFUL HINTS

• This is a 1 hour team building activity.
  • No food or drinks allowed in the activity room.
  • No wet clothes allowed.

RESTRICTIONS

• Must be 12 years or older to participate.

Thank you very much! )))

It's in my planner also (leaving April 2nd); but unable to book. I check every day to see if it opens up. Crossing fingers :)

Me too ))) just trying to find somebody who were there to ask or there are puzzles, connected with English language (especially specific phrases). In that case for my Team it will be "epic fail" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We are big lovers of these kind of entertainment. ))

Where do you get the specialty coffees that come with the deluxe beverage package?

I wondered this, too. That said, we never looked really hard for it. But, if it's something you're seeking, I'd check with any of the food and beverage folks.

Hello - so happy to read your review.

Question: Do you need an internet package to use Royal IQ on the ship?

Thanks!

No kids, so didn't check into this. I believe so, though. I'll check through the cruise compasses we saved when time permits and get back to you on this. 99.9 percent sure I remember seeing it, though.