Magnifica / Amsterdam port timing

trvlgirlmq

I am looking at a couple of June 2018 cruises on the Magnifica. They visit Amsterdam with arrivals of 2pm or 3pm and then departures the next day at 7am (I think I am reading this right). It looks like you don't have any time for museums of any of the usual sights is that correct? Why waste a day stopping there if people don't have a real opportunity to visit? Also, would this make the departure day a sea day? It's a bit confusing. Any clarification is appreciated

Double check on the sailing timetable. I'm looking at a sailing from Hamburg on 31st March 2018. The arrival in to Amsterdam is 9am 5th April and departure 7am 6th April - that's 22 hours in port which is plenty of time to see the sites of Amsterdam, including the nightlife

There's a few different itineraries for Magnifica when she's doing Northern Europe in 2018, I'm guessing that's what is affecting the time in port... The first sailing I mentioned was Hamburg, Amsterdam, Le Havre and Zeebrugge whereas the other sailings have a greater variety of ports?

Some museums do stay open later, like 7pm or even 10pm (Anne Frank House). And there are other things to do in the evening (dinner, theater, concert, coffeeshop, red light district, …) Those are not typical port times, but maybe it gives people a chance to do some things that they wouldn't normally be able to do during a cruise.

Also, would this make the departure day a sea day?
Technically, no, but I guess they will organize the onboard program like a sea day.

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museums are only open until 5 and 6 respectively. We aren't into nighttime entertainment, especially the kind found in Amsterdam! We'll have to take this into consideration and think a bit more about this itinerary.