Power cords allowed?

mosiegirl

It is not a use at night and then keep out of sight kind of thing.

It is a safety rule.

I have been on a ship with a fire and while my cabin and area was not involved, it was frightening and a memory I did not want from my cruise. That was caused by an iron that was left one. Accidents happen. BUT we can all do our part to limit them from occurring. Follow a few rules and everyone has a good time.

Exactly why it's important to get advice on the correct one. I'm still confused as to the correct one to get. Would love photos of the right power strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm so glad I decided to read this thread. My 7th cruise coming up, and I never knew about no surge protector rule. Just goes to show, we are never too old or too proud to learn something new. So if I'm reading all this correctly, a regular power strip is acceptable as long as there is NO surge protection? I hope I don't soynd ignorant, I just want to be safe.

We took a long extension cord (8' I believe) and a 3-way outlet adapter, like this...

41Wy5N21VUL._SL160_.jpg

Since our cabin (Conquest) only had one electrical outlet by the desk and none in the bathroom, the long extension cord came in handy. For one, my wife was able to use it to reach the bathroom for her curling iron. Also, I took my 8" portable fan and was able to set it right by the bed. I like the noise and our cabin was pretty warm. The 3-way adapter gave us additional plugs to charge our phones & just generally use multiple things at once. They come in different shapes & sizes. Straight line (like my picture), cube shaped, "T" shaped. You can even get ones with built-in USB ports to charge mobile devices. We'll do the same thing on our next cruise. I think a cord and adapter are easier to pack and take up less space than a power strip. And like I said, having the long cord gave us the freedom to move around.