Inverness, Scotland Shore Excursion Inquiry...

Note that Go Scotland Tours is a site for multiple tour operators. For example, the Regular Group Shore Excursion from Invergordon that they list is operated by WOW Scotland Tours.

Thanks for that info, makes it easier.

Any idea if they are reliable, punctual, informative?

Thanks for that info, makes it easier.

Any idea if they are reliable, punctual, informative?

Not yet! Our trip isn't until August. I just realized that info about Go Scotland Tours when I was doing my own research and noticed the small print at the bottom of their tour descriptions. (I was wondering why I couldn't find Go Scotland Tours on TripAdvisor.)

You can find quite a few reviews for different Invergordon tour operators on here (using the search feature) and on TripAdvisor, though.

I wasn't impressed with our tour guide in Invergordon. I didn't arrange the tour, so I don't know what company it was booked through. I do know that it was a father/son team. The people in the van that had the father were really impressed. We had the son and we weren't.

One thing I can tell you that I learned from this private tour and others is to BE SPECIFIC about what you want to see. Part of our problem on the Invergordon tour was that the guy leading it said, "Oh just take us where ever you normally go." That made for a disorganized day with a rushed ending.

So, once you decide where you want to go, be very specific with the tour company ahead of time and then once again, when they pick you up on that day. Go over what you expect to see and if there are any changes or modifications that need to be made due to traffic, delays, closures, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...