tips

bronxboy683

After the fact. I inferred the OP was asking if he could remove the DSC and tip in cash on his cruise. If you're from the U.S. you can't just go to Guest Services and remove it.

Yes you can. Speaking from personal experience. Removed half in December, filled out form onboard, taken care of same day.

By doing so, you are cheating the behind the scenes crew who ensure you have a great experience. It would be nieve to believe that no one except those you have direct contact with are the only ones who "serve you". Pay the DSC.

This Service Charge crops up all the time and there never seems to be a definitive answer, especially as most ships have UK and North American passengers.

My view is quite simple, but not necessarily right.

I tip the staff who take care of me, which is ALWAYS more over the cruise than the weekly charge added by NCL, then I cancel the Service Charge.

I believe it's the employers responsibility to pay their employees accordingly for the job they do.

If they don't, then I don't feel that's my responsibility or problem.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's the way it should be in my opinion, and as I've already said, I may not be right.