Anthem of the Seas - Review - Jan 26, 2017 - Feb 7, 2017

Just remembered...we played Bingo one day. I don't remember which. Maybe the last day. We didn't win or I wouldn't have forgotten about it.

I need to keep better notes next time.

And need to read the compass more

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for posting all of the papers! Even though we have a different itinerary, a lot of the information will be the same.

Kathy

Have a great trip.

If you have any questions I am happy to answer (if I know the answer)

Noreen

Thank you for the review. It takes a lot of dedication that I never have lol. I havent had a chance to read through the entire thread yet, so maybe you already answered this question... did ifly have a standby line? We werent able to get any reservations for earlier on in the day and just took a later booking. Also what days were the formal nights?

Goodness you hit the gym in the wee hours. Reading your review makes me want to hit the gym too lol. How crowded was it early in the morning?

Edited by Lisa8

Thank you for the review. It takes a lot of dedication that I never have lol. I havent had a chance to read through the entire thread yet, so maybe you already answered this question... did ifly have a standby line? We werent able to get any reservations for earlier on in the day and just took a later booking. Also what days were the formal nights?

Goodness you hit the gym in the wee hours. Reading your review makes me want to hit the gym too lol. How crowded was it early in the morning?

Hi

Yes, IFly had a standby line too. They made 2 lines, one for reservations, one standby. When we went there were a few people on the standby line and they got on pretty quick as there were some no shows.

Formal nights were day 2 and day 10. I think it normally is 2 and 11 but 11 was the super bowl so they moved it.

The gym had some people when I got there at 6 when they opened but not too crowded. By the time I would leave around 7:30 it was more crowded. As the trip went on it was less and less crowded.

Writing the review is a great way for me to relive the trip.

Noreen

• 3 months later...

Hi Noreen, we are a family of 5 considering the 12 night Anthem Southern Caribbean cruise on January 7 , 2018. We are leaving our Summer to do this vacation, and just wondered how many days at sea before it's warm enough for the kids to use the outdoor pools, and when did it get too cold on your return leg?

Hi. Anthem is a great ship and 12 nights is fantastic.

I have cruised from NJ late January/early February several times already.

You never know with the weather but in general by the afternoon after sail away it could be warm enough for outside pools. Coming back the last sea day may be too cool but up until then people are usually out in the pools.

Don't forget Anthem also has an indoor pool. That is in addition to the solarium which is for adults. The indoor pool is for everyone.

• 7 months later...

Noreen411, Thank you for all your input and after reading your other anthem reviews I have to compliment you by saying; "your reviews are written like a travel blog; people can actually plan a cruise based on your review". So thank you and thank your husband for taking the time to go with Tim to the hospital. A true friend. It is nice that you are able to sail right in your backyard. I have to airline to all ports; what a plus to be able to pack extra bags because you don't have to mess with airlines. Take care

Noreen411, Thank you for all your input and after reading your other anthem reviews I have to compliment you by saying; "your reviews are written like a travel blog; people can actually plan a cruise based on your review". So thank you and thank your husband for taking the time to go with Tim to the hospital. A true friend. It is nice that you are able to sail right in your backyard. I have to airline to all ports; what a plus to be able to pack extra bags because you don't have to mess with airlines. Take care

Thank you for your kind words.

We met Tim the first night of the sailing. He is part of the larger group but this was the first time we met. He’s such a nice guy and that was such a scary thing to happen.

Our next trip will be on Celebrity Reflection. First time on Celebrity. And we leave from Ft Lauderdale. Flight home is booked but scott wants to do a road trip down so we may be driving to Florida. Crazy right?

Thank you for your kind words.

We met Tim the first night of the sailing. He is part of the larger group but this was the first time we met. He’s such a nice guy and that was such a scary thing to happen.

Our next trip will be on Celebrity Reflection. First time on Celebrity. And we leave from Ft Lauderdale. Flight home is booked but scott wants to do a road trip down so we may be driving to Florida. Crazy right?

From Jersey you can spend one night on the road and be there following day. I used to drive it when I was younger. My brother would drive straight thru from Monmouth County to West Palm

From Jersey you can spend one night on the road and be there following day. I used to drive it when I was younger. My brother would drive straight thru from Monmouth County to West Palm

Thank you for the positive thought on the drive.

That’s what we are thinking...drive straight through from Saturday to Sunday.

I have a hotel in ft Lauderdale for Sunday night already that I booked when I thought we would fly both ways. The cruise leaves Monday.

You should be good to go. Have a wonderful time

The only major traffic will be in the following areas

Baltimore going thru the tunnel; try a go early afternoon and you will miss morning and afternoon rush hour.

45 min south will be DC. You will have traffic here too. Like NY DC traffic is pretty much 24 hours a day.

Richmond VA. You will hit some here too

After Richmond it should be smooth sailing to the Florida Line