Getaway / PoM disembark strategy

perditax

I thought I'd add some good news to this thread. We just disembarked the Getaway this past Sunday in Miami (4/2) and had a positive experience. It seems NCL has taken definite steps to correct the problems. While I can't speak for those who did early walk-off, we were called at about 9:40, left our comfy seats in the Atrium around 9:50, and were completely off the ship and through customs by 10:30. Since I had read so many horror stories I had prearranged transportation to the airport for 11, but we ended up calling the company to come earlier!

There was staff everywhere directing traffic on the ship. Starting at the elevators on deck 7. As soon as you got off the elevator (stairs were closed off) you were directed to the end of the line. Yes, the line was long, but at every point where you could have had someone try to find a way to skip the line by cutting through the other side of deck 7, there was a crew member there to direct the flow of traffic. We had one stoppage of about 3 minutes due to congestion in the terminal, but otherwise the line moved rather quickly.

I saw no one stuck on elevators and no confrontations between passengers or crew. It was extremely well-organized, at least at the time we chose to disembark. Again, I was pleasantly surprised given all of the reported problems in recent weeks.

I just got off the Getaway on 4/2. We did the self-assist walk off. Got in line at 6:30 am. We were the 3rd family in line. Exited the ship at 7:22 and was at FLL at 8:15. It went so smoothly. I was very concerned after reading horror stories, but we had no problems whatsoever.

I just got off the Getaway on 4/2. We did the self-assist walk off. Got in line at 6:30 am. We were the 3rd family in line. Exited the ship at 7:22 and was at FLL at 8:15. It went so smoothly. I was very concerned after reading horror stories, but we had no problems whatsoever.

Can you please advise if you are American or Canadian. We are Canadian and will be on Getaway Feb 04-11, 2018 and our return flight is out of FLL at 11:40 so we are concerned about making the flight. Did you use Uber or a taxi? Any comments would be appreciated!

Can you please advise if you are American or Canadian. We are Canadian and will be on Getaway Feb 04-11, 2018 and our return flight is out of FLL at 11:40 so we are concerned about making the flight. Did you use Uber or a taxi? Any comments would be appreciated!

I am American. We used QLS transportation. I had them scheduled to pick us up at 8:00. QLS called about 7:20 to tell me where to meet my driver. Driver was waiting and took us immediately. Our flight was at 11:05. We made it with plenty of time to spare.

I am American. We used QLS transportation. I had them scheduled to pick us up at 8:00. QLS called about 7:20 to tell me where to meet my driver. Driver was waiting and took us immediately. Our flight was at 11:05. We made it with plenty of time to spare.

Thanks for the quick reply we are hoping we will be able to do the self assist as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, about 20-30 crew members and officers just disembarked. Haven't seen this happen before.

... followed by another group of people, some look like they might have been show performers ...

11am now and various people still streaming off the ship, have a feeling it's going to be a while before today's cruise boards.

9:15ish, they're still calling colors (I took the latest color, they haven't hit mine). Last time I peeked down onto deck 7 (from deck 8 chandelier) the line still seemed to taking up the whole ship. No way will this be clear by 9:30, as some had suggested.

For what it's worth, in the hall on deck 8 forward of the chandelier, there are reasonably comfortable chairs and some power outlets nearby if you look carefully.

Some people just walked by who were clearly doing full self disembark this late, heh.

Oh, of note ... they limit the color tags for each group. I went down early and grabbed gray tags. Later on I heard someone asking for gray, but they told them they were all gone.

... Also they just announced that disembark has been put on hold "by CBP" and told people who hadn't been called yet to just chill in public spaces.

Contrary to some other reports, it seems to be worse inside the port / CBP area now than it was on the ship. Line not moving at all. I'm not even sure where we are, have never encountered a line outside the ship before.

Conclusion: waiting until they throw everyone off doesn't work either. Early early early apparently is the only solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 minutes late on my color so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impossible, because all times for disembarkation are estimates only. Since it wasn't a set time you can't be late.