Average room assignment time for a gty?

miyanc

I know it's been said and asked. I know it varies based on the ship, space, bookings and RCI in all their inconsistentcies.

My question is, on average when do room assignments happen? Earliest? To latest?

Anyone not have a room assignment as they walked up?

I am on the allure on 4/30 and like most of you I am only slightly excited or obsessed.

We usually book balconies and try to upgrade to suite GTYs if available at a good price. I thought I had it figured out after booking them twice, but I guess I was wrong.

We did it twice last year and they were assigned between 7-10 days after booking them. However, I upgraded to a guarantee for our upcoming 5/21 Oasis cruise about a month ago and still have not gotten an assignment.

We usually book balconies and try to upgrade to suite GTYs if available at a good price. I thought I had it figured out after booking them twice, but I guess I was wrong.

We did it twice last year and they were assigned between 7-10 days after booking them. However, I upgraded to a guarantee for our upcoming 5/21 Oasis cruise about a month ago and still have not gotten an assignment.

Not sure we can do it or it's available but what's the usually pp difference to upgrade from balcony to suite gty?

I am on the Allure April 2. I had a balcony GTY. Got my room last Friday, Deck 6, oceanview extra large balcony. Happy with that.

This or better is what I am hoping.

So I guess that was 30 days out or so. I just keep checking several times a day.