Anyone Recently On Paradise

Port of Tampa

We sailed on her late March. No technical issues, great staff. The ship is worn but did not it hinder any activity. Loved the smaller crowd.

Our itinerary changed to Costa Maya from Roatan. Was a tad bit disappointed however found the Maya Chan beach private excursion. Amazing. Extremely happy for the port change. Highly, highly recommend. While relaxing on beach chairs floating in the ocean staff row out to you in a canoe and ask if your drinks needed to be filled. They called it room service [emoji23].

First of all, I would never cruise on it because I would not want to take a chance after all the negative reviews that I have read but, my nephew and his bride of 2 days did for their honeymoon and were on the Paradise 3/27 and returned on 4/01. They were overall disappointed. They said the food was fair as well as the service in general. They said that it seemed like there were more people than not that had ATD like them and every time they went to the dining room they had to wait quite a while regardless of the time. Also said the chair hogs were out in droves, Lido pool deck area was small as well as the pool and it and the hot tub was overcrowded. Most of the public areas were too small to accommodate the amount of people on board...sold out cruise. They were able to make their first port of Cozumel but not Costa Maya. They said as they were approaching it and were very close, the announcement was made that they would not be stopping as planned because it was too foggy and a little rough the captain did not want to take a chance. They would instead have another sea day on the way back to Tampa. According to my nephew what upset so many people, including them, was the fact that there was 2 cruise ships already docked and very visible and that right after the announcement, they didn't even wait awhile to see if the fog would clear but instead there was no hesitation in turning around and heading back at a very slow speed. It can happen anytime relating to not making a port due to weather but I think it's really unfortunate when you end up with so many sea days and only one port and the cruise is only a 5 day one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Change your ship if you can. Stay away from that boat. The people that got off on Sunday 4/2 were without toilets. Carnival knows about issues with this ship. You will only get port fees refunded if ports are missed. PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND FIND A DIFFERENT SHIP OR CRUISE LINE.

What people do you speak of...

As long as she makes CUBA in the end of June I am happy