Need help on hotel very close to LAX

Seabreez

I have been searching for a mid-price hotel very close to LAX. The more I search the more I get confused. Could any of you recommend a nice clean

hotel that you recently stayed at??

We will be there early May, after an 8-day NCL Star cruise.

And another question: What is the average time that passengers debark the Star?? I realize that things can affect the debarkation process. We have a 12:30PM flight that leaves LAX on debarkation day but fear we could miss it.

Any help on that question too?? Thanks

I would recommend the Starwood Four Points hotel as a clean, moderately priced hotel close to LAX (they have a shuttle that runs back and forth).

http://www.fourpointslax.com/

All the major players (Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton, etc. are also very close by should you luck into a good rate).

I don't think you should have a problem with a 12:30pm flight. It will depend upon the length of the security lines. You will likely be in the first group off the ship (probably by 9:00am) and it's less than 1/2 hour to LAX depending upon traffic. If it's a weekday it will take you longer obviously.

Sheraton Four Points is an average "mid-price" hotel. We have stayed there both coming and going to Hawaii and it was fine for a one night stay.

All the "LAX hotels" are close to the airport and have free shuttles to/from the terminals. There is a Holiday Inn, a Crowne Plaza, Radisson, Mariott, Sheraton Gateway, Weston, Embassy Suites (North and South airport locations), several "motel" like places, i.e. Travelodge, etc. etc. Mid price can mean most anything - to some it could be $500/nite, to others $50. You need to specifiy your budget to get a real good recommendation.

There is nothing much around the LAX hotels except hotels :-) There is a Burger King up the street from the Four Points, but in general we always pick a hotel that has a restuarant since there is really no place to walk to.

We have stayed at the Westin several times before early morning flights out of LAX and really like it -those Heavenly Beds and Heavenly showers are just great. It's last major hotel on Century Blvd before the 405, I think. As others have said, without a car you'll pretty much be stuck in the hotel, although there is a Denny's across the street from the Westin that you can safely walk to. I would stick to the dining room, myself.

I think the rates are pretty reasonable, starting at about $100 weeknights when they're running a special. They have a shuttle to/from LAX that runs every 20 minutes or so.

I would count on at least

FINALLY!

We have stayed at the Westin several times before early morning flights out of LAX and really like it -those Heavenly Beds and Heavenly showers are just great. It's last major hotel on Century Blvd before the 405, I think. As others have said, without a car you'll pretty much be stuck in the hotel, although there is a Denny's across the street from the Westin that you can safely walk to. I would stick to the dining room, myself.

I think the rates are pretty reasonable, starting at about $100 weeknights when they're running a special. They have a shuttle to/from LAX that runs every 20 minutes or so.

I would count on at least 40 minutes from the pier to LAX (your terminal), even with light traffic, but if you get off the ship as planned, you should be fine.'

Talk about a happy trigger finger!

For an overnight stay before a flight to Australia and a land tour, I just got the 4* Sheraton Gateway on Priceline for January 22, 2006 (1 night) for a bid of $71. Also for the return, I got the 3* Radisson LAX (also on Century Blvd.) on Priceline for February 14, 2006 (1 night) for a bid of $60. Both hotels are very close to the airport and have free shuttles.

Jean: Will check out the Weston. I agree with your feelings on Dennys.

The one here close to us is just terrible.

Marcie: Will check out the Starwood Four Points link.

LMCAT: Our price range is $100-$150 Mostly 3*

Obriendan: Priceline rates are great!! May have to experiment with that

route.

We always use Priceline if we need a LAX hotel. Sheraton, Marriott, Hilton, etc. all near the airport, all with shuttles. Never paid more than $90.00 for any of them. Always bid 4* hotel. Easy to get. Never had a problem with getting our bid if we start at $65-70.00.

Archived