How soon can we disembark from Spirit in Civitavecchia

Jetlagged787

I had a 10:15 am flight out of Leonardo. We were off the ship and on our way via the shuttle to the airport by 7 AM.

One thing that I was very surprised to learn is that Civi is generally not the more popular Embark port, so there are far less people getting off unlike Barcelona. There was no customs and the longest part was waiting for them to bring the luggage to us. At least when I sailed in May, everyone who disembarked in Civi received the same exact tags in regards to disembark time. It's also important to note that they only made one call and one call only for disembark, unlike Barcelona that they made numerous announcements.

I walked to the port from the train station and it was very easy to navigate so you should have no problems there.

We we were in Civitavecchia last October there were 4 ships in port including the huge Royal Princess. It all depends on the number of cruise ships in port. Check the cruise times table website to see how many.

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/

I had a 10:15 am flight out of Leonardo. We were off the ship and on our way via the shuttle to the airport by 7 AM.

One thing that I was very surprised to learn is that Civi is generally not the more popular Embark port, so there are far less people getting off unlike Barcelona. There was no customs and the longest part was waiting for them to bring the luggage to us. At least when I sailed in May, everyone who disembarked in Civi received the same exact tags in regards to disembark time. It's also important to note that they only made one call and one call only for disembark, unlike Barcelona that they made numerous announcements.

I walked to the port from the train station and it was very easy to navigate so you should have no problems there.

I assume that you were on the Epic, which has boarding in Barcelona and Civitavecchia. On that itinerary, Barcelona is certainly the most common embarkation port, but that situation is specific to that ship and itinerary (at least on NCL). In the OPs case everyone will be disembarking at Civitavecchia, unless they are on a back to back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding getting to the train station in Civitavecchia

We did a cruise last year, that started in Barcelona and ended in Civitavecchia. We were going to spend the day and night in Rome after the cruise, before flying home the next day. Had pre-booked 1. class train tickets from Civitavecchia to the Roma Termini station for 10.00 AM, so were in no rush to get of the ship very early on the day of disembarkation. Especially since we planned on just taking a taxi to the train station from the ship. Since the train station is just about 5-10 min. drive from the port, we thought we had plenty of time when we left the ship shortly before 9.00 AM. But that was until we realized that NO taxi driver wanted to take us to the train station as they considered it too short to earn any money on us (even though I offered to pay double and even triple price...), they only wanted clients who were going longer distances. So we had to purchase bus tickets and get in line for the shuttle bus to the Civitavecchia train station. And it was a long wait - we were not able to get any room on the first shuttle bus that came along about 10-15 min. after getting in line but we were in the front line for the next bus, and the people "organizing" the line, kept saying that that the next bus would be there in 10 min. Not the case, it took almost 40 min until the next bus came (and the line behind us was veeeeery long by that time), and we arrived at the train station litterally 3-4 min. before our pre-booked train left at 10.00 AM. Will be going on a different cruise in a couple of weeks that also ends in Civitavecchia. This time we will be going directly to the airport from the port, and to avoid any unexpected delays this time (and the stress that comes with that), I have pre-booked a private shuttle that will pick us up on the pier.

Edited by TrumpyNor

I assume that you were on the Epic, which has boarding in Barcelona and Civitavecchia. On that itinerary, Barcelona is certainly the most common embarkation port, but that situation is specific to that ship and itinerary (at least on NCL). In the OPs case everyone will be disembarking at Civitavecchia, unless they are on a back to back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on the NCL Spirit which boarded and disembarked at Civitavecchia.