Where could I find Ginger Candy for Motion sickness

Mari1023

Well, I didn't start taking the ginger pills soon enough! I did start taking the Bonine two days before hand. But I thought it would be enough. But as I have said, it wasn't. Luckily I over compensate when packing. I only took one ginger pill in the morning with the bonine. After that everything was smooth sailing even when the water wasn't. They also serve Ginger Ale on the ship if that helps for very rough waters.

Can you tell me what the recommended dosage is? (2 pills every morning or 1 pill AM and 1 pill PM etc.)

When did you start taking them? (before you left for the cruise, only if you experienced motion sickness, etc.) Thanks!

The dosage on the bottle is twice daily with a meal. We only took it once daily with no problems. I guess it will be different with each person as to their tolerance to motion.

Dave

Where in CANADA can I find this.. anyone know???

Where in Ontario do you live? I'm in Mississauga, just west of Toronto. We have GNC's here too-or you can try any major vitamin retailer around, I have about 5 within a 10 minute drive of my house :D. Let me know what city you live in-I know quite a few stores (darn massage therapy education, lol). Even try Shopper's Drug Mart or Wal-Mart. (Just stay away from Jamieson, or Swiss Herbals, or store brands-they tend to be mass produced).

Hope this helps! I'm definitely going to give it a try for my mother-the rest of us are okay, but I'm afraid she won't be. :(

Where in Ontario do you live? I'm in Mississauga, just west of Toronto. We have GNC's here too-or you can try any major vitamin retailer around, I have about 5 within a 10 minute drive of my house :D. Let me know what city you live in-I know quite a few stores (darn massage therapy education, lol). Even try Shopper's Drug Mart or Wal-Mart. (Just stay away from Jamieson, or Swiss Herbals, or store brands-they tend to be mass produced).

Hope this helps! I'm definitely going to give it a try for my mother-the rest of us are okay, but I'm afraid she won't be. :(

I am in Ottawa.. I have looked at shoppers and walmart.. nothing there.. If you can give me a name of these stores I would appreciate it..:)

I am in Ottawa.. I have looked at shoppers and walmart.. nothing there.. If you can give me a name of these stores I would appreciate it..:)

You have at least 5 GNC stores around you, give those a try-I searched their website for you and they have something called 'Nature's Fingerprint-Ginger Root', containing 550 mg of ginger root. You also have Nutrition Houses in Ottawa-I called the one in my area and they have a product that's in chewable tablet form (oh, so gross!), but it only contains 62 mg of ginger root. She believed that the Ottawa stores would carry the same products as Mississauga. She recommended a homeopathy supplement as well, but I'd say stick with the 'for sure' thing and get the GNC pills.

Here's a link to their website, should have 5 locations on it, if not-the search is in the upper left of the screen:

http://www.gnc.com/scripts/mqinterconnect.exe

Hope this helps, and talk to your doctor about ginger before you leave!

Why? will ginger hurt me or something.. I don't feel like making an appt just to ask about ginger??:)

Found a place 2 mins from here.. $12.50 for 100 capsules...

If you're taking other meds, it's always a good idea to double check. I always recommend that people see their doctors first before starting any new supplement, vitamin, etc.

Glad you found what you needed!

If you're taking other meds, it's always a good idea to double check. I always recommend that people see their doctors first before starting any new supplement, vitamin, etc.

Glad you found what you needed!

Thanks a bunch I take no other meds except an aspirin aday for circulation.. so I think I am fine with the ginger.. appreciate the concern tho!!!:) Thanks so much for the help..

Archived