MTD on ships smaller than Oasis Class....

After trying MTD on both Oasis and Harmony, and having some pretty frustrating lines on Harmony (granted, it was only the third or fourth sailing once it was re-positioned to the Caribbean), I was wondering if the MTD "experience" is any different on a smaller ship. I am on Adventure OTS in December and Jewel OTS in September 2018. For both ships, I selected traditional dining thinking maybe I would avoid long waits to get to a table, but it occurred to me maybe the Voyager/Radiance class ships don't have a long line issue. Putting aside that "anything can happen," what is your experience?

We've been on Rhapsody and Brilliance lately. We've had no MTD reservations, have been a party of two, and have shown up between 6:30pm and 7pm. Longest wait was 5 minutes.

It can vary from cruise to cruise, you know. But, the larger ships have so many different eating venues, that they make the MDRs smaller, since folks will be eating all over the place.

The smaller ships without a dozen eating venues will have a larger DR...so that should help. MTD is just like a land based restaurant....if all the tables are full, you will wait. There is no other option if there are no tables open! Traditional seating guarantees no waiting, as the table waits for YOU!