National Archeological Museum Athens

Casey2

We plan to visit the National Archeological Museum on our upcoming trip of Athens. This will be our first stop of the day and to save time we are planning on taking a cab from the port to the museum. We would then like to get to Syntagma Square. We were thinking of taking the trolley from the Polytexneio stop near the museum. Can we buy tickets and have them validated at the Polytexneio stop? Will they be good for the X80 which we plan to take from Syntagma Square back to the port later that day.

When does your ship dock? When will you be visiting? Have you checked the opening hrs? The x80 starts at 7 and you should have no prob getting to syntagma followed by 1 metro stop to the museum by 8. You'll appreciate the savings!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A taxi into Athens isn't that expensive; around 20-25 euro to the Acropolis but it may be a bit more to the museum. (Versus 8 euro on the x80 plus another 2,80 euro for the metro tickets...) Yes, the express bus is cheaper, but if it's a priority to get into Athens quickly, I'd do it (and have done it).

To the OP: with such a specific question it would be worth posting on the Athens forum on Tripadvisor. There are a couple of locals who look in here from time to time but not regularly.

FYI: The X80 bus ticket is valid all day and includes unlimited metro rides

I didn't realize it included unlimited metro. Still, if it was a priority to me to get to Athens asap (such as to get to the Acropolis at opening time), the extra 10-15 euro would not bother me. :cool:

That's why we were thinking of taking a cab rather than the a bus and and trolly- to save time. My question was getting from the museum to Syntagma Square. Can we purchase a ticket for the trolley at the Polytexneio stop near the museum which would take us to Syntagma Square?

That's why we were thinking of taking a cab rather than the a bus and and trolly- to save time. My question was getting from the museum to Syntagma Square. Can we purchase a ticket for the trolley at the Polytexneio stop near the museum which would take us to Syntagma Square?

I'm not sure anyone here is going to know that specific info, which is why I'd suggest posting your query on the Athens forum at tripadvisor -- they have some good local experts.

I have only taken the metro from Omonia near the museum, so I can't help with the trolley...