Update 120 day availability

AliceIn

I posted earlier that my TA recommended that I check back just prior to the 120 day mark to see if availability to change cabins were available. On my cruise, all of the 2 bedrooms were sold out from early March.

Today is day 125, and rooms have started opening up. I was able to move to the deck and side of the ship that I wanted.

Persistence paid off!

I posted earlier that my TA recommended that I check back just prior to the 120 day mark to see if availability to change cabins were available. On my cruise, all of the 2 bedrooms were sold out from early March.

Today is day 125, and rooms have started opening up. I was able to move to the deck and side of the ship that I wanted.

Persistence paid off!

Good for you!

I read the original thread you posted. I am still confused as to why your TA made you do the research? Aren't they getting the benefit of you booking through them. Shouldn't that be their job?

Good for you!

I read the original thread you posted. I am still confused as to why your TA made you do the research? Aren't they getting the benefit of you booking through them. Shouldn't that be their job?

If you pick a TA to be hand-held, then you'd expect that. I picked mine because of the extra perks and freebies only, as that is what is important to me. I like being in control. I had very specific rooms that I wanted. I didn't want the TA picking for me.

I guess if you want the TA to handle everything, you pick somebody who is going to do everything for you. I'm NOT one of those people, so I book where I get the best "stuff." Sometimes that is using my big warehouse club travel department, sometimes it's an online agency, and sometimes it's the local and personal travel agency. In none of those cases am I comfortable with the TA doing anything without me. I got up early this morning, saw the room and grabbed it. Had I needed to wait until a PCC came into the office tomorrow, I'd probably not have gotten it.

It's all in what you want.