Best Time to Book an Alaska Land Cruise

riverdees05

How far in advance should one book an Alaska Land Cruise? We are wanting to go at the end of May or beginning of June 2018. I noticed a lot of differences between 2017 and 2018. So I was thinking there probably was a time window for getting the best deal.

Have not booked a land portion of Alaska cruise package, but my thinking on booking early is this: Is the land portion protected if there are price drops like the cruise portion? If so then I would book ASAP to get the exact package you want. If not I would wait to see if the drops happen before I book, and risk not getting exactly what I want.

A cruisetour is generally sold as a single package, not a cruise and a tour each priced separately. You can only benefit from a price drop if the entire cruisetour price is reduced, not if just the cruise fare drops. And since the limiting factor is usually space in the land tour, it is rare for one to see price drops prior to final payment. But rare does not mean never.

Alaska cruises, however, see price drops all the time. Just not with a land package as a cruisetour.

Looking at a End May Early June 2017 cruisetour now is post final payment, so pricing will be reduced. The trick is to find one available that goes where you want, when you want, for a price you want. And living with not going at all if nothing is available. But there are many options open for booking at this time.