Dining Package Questions

Several questions:

1) Do I understand correctly that doing the 1st Night Done Right for $15/person you do NOT get to pick the restaurant? How exactly is the restaurant assigned? If I sign up for other restaurants, is there a chance it'll double me up or pick one I haven't picked already?

2) How does the pricing work for an individual restaurant? For example: It says $39/person for Izumi Hibachi Experience, but there is a menu with individual prices. Is the $39 just to get in the restaurant and then you pay a-la-carte?

3) My wife and I will be celebrating our 26th Anniversary on the cruise (Oasis of the Seas 6/25 Sailing). We are thinking about Chops Grille. Their menu has no individual pricing. Can you order as much as you want or is there a limit? Something special on their menu does have a "$", are those extra?

4) Do you get to pick all your restaurants and times in the 3 or 4 night packages? Doesn't seem I can when test booking.

Thanks in advance for the help!

With regard to Chops, the price includes unlimited starters and one standard entree. Additional standard entrees or any premium entrees are extra.

The dining packages allow you to pick the day and time of the first meal, but not the restaurant. Additional reservations must be made on board. Space permitting, you may be able to change the selection of the first restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...
The dining packages allow you to pick the day and time of the first meal, but not the restaurant. Additional reservations must be made on board. Space permitting, you may be able to change the selection of the first restaurant.

We are trying the BOGO package for nights one and two of an upcoming sailing. Have never done it before. How do we learn what are reservations are and how would we go about trying to change them? Call the reservations extension? We will be on the Anthem, so maybe it will show on the app?

Izumi is a Japanese restaurant with 2 different menus. There is the traditional Hibachi menu ($39) and then there is the sushi bar which is al la cart. If you have eating Hibachi before you know it is a huge mess of food and you are NOT going to want to eat sushi with it at all unless you have a really massive appetite. But what I would suggest is that you eat at Izumi twice if you like Japanese food. One night try the Hibachi and the other night, go for the sushi.

If you want to do 1st night done right, don't make a reservation for the first night and let RCCL surprise you. It's kind of fun to not know where you are going until it is assigned. After you eat at your 1st night restaurant, you can decide if you want to go again or not. It's just a discount for eating at a specialty restaurant on the first night.

There are a few things on Chops menu that cost extra:

Dry Aged NY Strip Steak 16 Oz. $18

Charbroiled and butter-basted

Dry-Aged Porterhouse Steak 20 Oz. $19

Slow-roasted with herbs and garlic

Roasted 1 ¼-1 ½ Lbs. Maine Lobster $21

Coffees $8.95

The Truffle

Frangelico, Stolichnaya vodka, espresso - cold

Haute & Steamy

Absolut Vanilia vodka, Crème de Cacao Dark Coffee, Whipped cream with caramel sauce drizzle

Hot Shot Espresso

Patron XO Coffee, Baileys Double Shot of espresso, Steamed milk

Bavarian Coffee

Peppermint Schnapps, Kahlua, Coffee, Whipped Cream

Café Grande

Tia Maria, Crème de Cacao Dark, Grand Marnier, Coffee, Whipped Cream

I will say on Oasis, 150 Central Park is more romantic than Chops. Also the Chef's dinner is the BEST on the ship - you call RCCL to book that. I would rank Chops as the third best of these.

On the First Night Done Right promo- for those who have done it, how did you find out what was chosen for you? Did you have to ask? Card in room? We are trying it on our upcoming cruise on liberty. Was it easy to change if you did not like what they picked. I hope we don't end up with Sabor. I like mexican food okay but don't love it and since it is my birthday, I would rather something else. DH would prefer chops, but either Chops or Giovannis are fine.