Breakaway New Menus

legalcruiser

Someone recently commented that the dining menus changed. I seem to recall that the upcharge items were removed from the MDR menus along with lobster in all dining venues (including SD and Haven). Does anyone from the last few sailings have menus to share/post? Thanks!

As far as I can tell, the removal of the Lobster dishes are basically the only changes.

It happened quite a while ago, but nobody seems to have posted the new menus yet. I'll try to get some copies next week from the Spirit (although the menus on the ship are often quite old compared to what is available elsewhere.

Interesting, the speciality restaurants are, as stated by people onboard recently, basically the same but with Lobster removed.

However, the MDR menus have changed quite a bit. They are more similar to what we had a couple of years ago, especially in the inclusion of things like bolognese or lasagna in the everyday items.

For those of us with fussy kids, those menus mean we can go to the MDR any night knowing that there will be something they will eat. That wasn't always the case with the previous menus.

I'll have to see what menus we have on the Spirit.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of cruise lines are charging for lobster now, because say in the dining room, when they would have lobster night, people would over order and there wouldn't be enough left for the later dinner. So what I've heard is that they are putting it in their specialty restaurants you people who want it can get it that way. I'm not sure how much of that is on the correct side though and for how many of the cruise lines. So I hope this helps? I just don't know how much. If that makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Someone recently commented that the dining menus changed. I seem to recall that the upcharge items were removed from the MDR menus along with lobster in all dining venues (including SD and Haven). Does anyone from the last few sailings have menus to share/post? Thanks!

ok my friend found it the "new" menus to the MDR are actually a more conservative mix between the old as of 2014 old and the new ones they adapted after that. I know because I sailed in 2014 right before the change then sailed again in 2016 and like may others did not really like the newer menus.........so here goes to see the REVISED MDR MENUS go the the ncl gem page and read mking8288 4-29-17, 7 day Gem review he posted them in his review.. yes I compared the first 3 days with seadogs live breakaway review and yes they are the same. Hope I've helped. I'm back on the breakaway in Sept so I was grinning ear to ear at the change. we mostly did updining last year but with a large family we appreciate when we can enjoy the MDR.

ok my friend found it the "new" menus to the MDR are actually a more conservative mix between the old as of 2014 old and the new ones they adapted after that. I know because I sailed in 2014 right before the change then sailed again in 2016 and like may others did not really like the newer menus.........so here goes to see the REVISED MDR MENUS go the the ncl gem page and read mking8288 4-29-17, 7 day Gem review he posted them in his review.. yes I compared the first 3 days with seadogs live breakaway review and yes they are the same. Hope I've helped. I'm back on the breakaway in Sept so I was grinning ear to ear at the change. we mostly did updining last year but with a large family we appreciate when we can enjoy the MDR.

I cannot find this review and also looking for new Breakaway menu?can anyone help?