Help Me Plan Part of My Day

Ukigirl

Will be in Cozumel next month, ship will dock in International Pier. We plan on going to Mr Sanchos for part of the day and then want to do some shopping. How far is Sanchos from pier? Where's the best place for shopping, nothing extravagant and mostly interested in straw market and local shops. Was thinking about Playa Del Carmen. Distance from Sanchos to Playa and cost for taxi cab. Also looking at timing, plan on being at Sanchos by 10 and want to be back on ship by 6:30, will we have enough time for shopping? How do shops at pier compared to Playa? Grateful for any tips and suggestions!

Cozumel is an island off the coast of Mexico - to get to Playa del Carmen you'd need to ride a ferry for about 45 minutes, and the ride is sometimes rough! :o Save PDC for another vacation.

Sanchos is about a 15 min cab ride from the piers - taxi fare for up to 4 sharing the cab should be about $17. There's lots of shopping at the piers (there are 3 cruise ship piers on Cozumel, be sure you go back to the correct one, which can be a challenge after too many margaritas).

You could also cab to downtown for shopping after spending time on the beach. Be sure to confirm the cab fare BEFORE you get into the taxi.

If any of this helps you owe me a pint - IPA please! :cool: