Live - Anthem of the Seas 4/9/17 - 4/17/17

I didn't think to post about it earlier but we didn't find any printed pictures on this ship. I'm guessing they are utilizing technology and wasting less paper. The Photo gallery is filled with tablets to review your pictures. I didn't look into their options but I assume you can order printed pics while on the ship or choose one of their digital packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just FYI - you can get "printed" pictures if you want them (they offered it to me since I was only buying a few). I wanted the digital since it was just easier. I know there were packages for printed (IIRC) that the gentleman started to talk about; but I wasn't paying attention. :D

The pictures do come out nice. There might be some you don't like but a lot do come out very nice. I will have a hard time choosing which to print and frame. We didn't receive or purchase any actual prints. We purchased the photo package for $249 prior to the cruise and we were given a flash drive (USB) to go home with.

Do they take a lot of photos for the $249 cost?? Did you have any issues when printing photos off of the USB drive once home at say Walgreens, etc?? Some places require a release from the photographer....

Thanks for any info....

You can sign up prior to boarding through the RCI website, I believe they open reservation slots ~90 days prior to boarding. As always, the best way to know when you can reserve online is either check daily or sign up to the Roll Call for your cruise, there will normally be someone that will notice this in the group.

When you board you can also use the RoyalIQ app for signing up if there are open slots.

Finally, what I did during my cruise was to ask Guest Service to look for an open space, there were none but they printed the schedule for it, so you can walk up to the Escape Room right before it starts to see if there are any cancellations or open spaces.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for this information!

Do they take a lot of photos for the $249 cost?? Did you have any issues when printing photos off of the USB drive once home at say Walgreens, etc?? Some places require a release from the photographer....

Thanks for any info....

Amount of pictures is totally up to you. There are photographers set up in various places, all throughout the length of the cruise, except last day. It's a matter of stopping and getting pictures taken or stopping, waiting in line for pictures, at busier times, like the formal nights. You also have picture opportunities at the ports and of course the embarkation photos. I believe my wife saw someone mentioning they had like 300 photos. We ended up with 106 total; probably would have had a few more if we had gotten off at the ports at the same time.

We haven't printed any photos yet but, don't foresee any problems. The USB provides a PDF copy of the release, just in case any place asks you for that. At like a Walgreens or CVS, they won't ask for that but I'm sure if you go to some higher end place that specifically does that sort of thing, they'd require it. You'll have everything you need for printing them.

And to touch on photo quality, some are good, some are bad, some are great. These aren't professional photographers you're working with, as they have other regular jobs on the ship, when not taking pictures. We have a couple of pictures, where our sons eyes are closed but other than that, most of the other photos are pretty good.

Thanks so much for this information!

As stated, 90 days out is the general time frame it should appear in cruise planner under activities. I would say to start checking each day as you get close to that because it's very popular and will book up fast. Yes, time slots will open up once you're on the ship, that first day but if you really want your pick of time slots, you should book when it shows up online.

I didn't think to post about it earlier but we didn't find any printed pictures on this ship. I'm guessing they are utilizing technology and wasting less paper. The Photo gallery is filled with tablets to review your pictures. I didn't look into their options but I assume you can order printed pics while on the ship or choose one of their digital packages.

Hi Sromano :)

On Anthem, when you purchase the digital photo package, you can then print the photo's you choose for $5 per picture.

:)