Live - Anthem of the Seas 4/9/17 - 4/17/17

Concierge lounge is for for Grand Suites and above, we well as Diamond members and higher. (Junior suites do not have access to the lounge. )

I believe that would be DIamond Plus members and above.

Good evening. We had a beautiful day in CocoCay. Got over on one of the first tenders with my 17 yr old and headed straight for the Cabana area. My husband and 14 yr old had their first open water dives today. The tender only takes a few minutes, if that, once it actually leaves Anthem's side. The island is beautiful, I'm still in love with the idea of blue ocean water since I'm from New York. The cabana was amazing and I definitely would do that again! We were in Cabana #2 which is the first Cabana on the waterfront. I would recommend Cabana #3 if you could request it ahead of time, just because it's perfectly situated in my opinion. Because our Cabana was close to the ropes that separate our private area from the public area, people constantly were stepping over the ropes, ignoring the "private area" sign so they could take pictures and sort of invade our space. It wasn't often enough to ruin my day or bother me much. There was a few incidents that people completely wonder over to the cabanas as if they don't see ANY of the signs saying "private" and try to come into the Cabana or use the lounge chairs. But, the Concierge and staff handled it promptly. Yes, the Concierge from the ship was there with us all day. Another thing about the Cabana area, they have private restroom and bar; the deluxe private buffet was absolutely amazing!! My kids thought it was better than the food on the ship lol. I actually might agree. I also want to mention that the island is smaller than it looks on the map we found online. I thought it would be a long walk from the tender to the Cabana area and to then walk to the swimming area etc... but it's not a long walk at all. Very short distance away. I have joint problems and it gets painful for me to walk too much. I did just fine for most of the day. The Cabana is facing the ship, so you have views of the ship and water hitting up against the rocks. The swimming area with the public beach is off to the side and like I said, it's really not far at all. I will try to upload a video if I can. In case you can't tell, I think today was one of my favorite days and wouldn't think twice about renting a Cabana again.

8e90db039641703147d8194f3594d727.jpg26394c189732f9d6af83061346c133f9.jpg45e67558543e8f7d74f7646613a612b2.jpg1f87f99524c41e368023c81b5e94b2ab.jpgdc1fd1474af26d04fa6898f13cd1a9bd.jpg8e4ab9818bc2759a2b28e3a9fa1d7957.jpg

Unfortunately, my 14 year old struggled with some things and couldn't move on with his Scuba certification. Had problems "equalizing" in the water depths. The instructor worked hard with him but they couldn't make it happen. So, I will be taking both my boys with me on the Seaworld Explorer excursion tomorrow in Nassau while my husband completes the dives necessary to earn his certification.

I have to break up this post since I can only include 6 pictures per post. Stay tuned for the dinner menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

sromano516 - ANTHEM is one of my favorite ships in the Royal Fleet! I am partial to the bigger ships but they do not go to all of the parts of the world we have been to and and have plans for. We enjoyed the different dining room menus in the 4 free restaurants on Anthem and Quantum before Royal made the change to having same menu in all venues. It was very creative dining and it is too bad Royal did away with it (oh those complainers...) We will be back on the Anthem again for New Year's Eve.

Concierge Lounge on the Anthem is for D+ and Grande Suite and above. Before we became D+ we had nice times in the D lounge. You can grab a cocktail or specialty coffee and go into the theatre - very convenient. In the evening when crowded they open the door (to the top floor of the Music Hall) for more seating and tables. We enjoy our dinners in Coastal Kitchen and Jamie's. We've also had dinner in the Solarium restaurant. If I could only get my husband to agree again to Wonderland...Can you please ask Ricardo how long he will be the Concierge in the Concierge lounge. Thanks and enjoy the rest of your cruise...

sromano516 - ANTHEM is one of my favorite ships in the Royal Fleet! I am partial to the bigger ships but they do not go to all of the parts of the world we have been to and and have plans for. We enjoyed the different dining room menus in the 4 free restaurants on Anthem and Quantum before Royal made the change to having same menu in all venues. It was very creative dining and it is too bad Royal did away with it (oh those complainers...) We will be back on the Anthem again for New Year's Eve.

Concierge Lounge on the Anthem is for D+ and Grande Suite and above. Before we became D+ we had nice times in the D lounge. You can grab a cocktail or specialty coffee and go into the theatre - very convenient. In the evening when crowded they open the door (to the top floor of the Music Hall) for more seating and tables. We enjoy our dinners in Coastal Kitchen and Jamie's. We've also had dinner in the Solarium restaurant. If I could only get my husband to agree again to Wonderland...Can you please ask Ricardo how long he will be the Concierge in the Concierge lounge. Thanks and enjoy the rest of your cruise...

If able to, I will try to ask Ricardo how long he plans on staying around, if he knows. I am enjoying the ship and would go on again if the right opportunity came along. We have a Carnival Cruise booked for next year. There are pros and cons with every fleet, every ship.

If able to, I will try to ask Ricardo how long he plans on staying around, if he knows. I am enjoying the ship and would go on again if the right opportunity came along. We have a Carnival Cruise booked for next year. There are pros and cons with every fleet, every ship.

Did you do the iFly? IMHO, It is great fun!!! (And a great perk for everyone on the Anthem as iFly facilities on land can be quite pricey.) My husband I have taken turns standing outside of the "flight" tube so we can get photos and videos of each other. If you have not yet signed up ask Ricardo for his assistance.

Dinner tonight in the MDR

e197cc94af1208991bbae2ed69ce7316.jpgdc7254f3b4c5520d84987e89781bcbaf.jpg

We started with the coconut shrimp appetizers which were quite fresh and delicious.

My husband and I both ordered the Braised lamb. We aren't really lamb lovers so I only ate a little bit but I will say that it was very tender and yummy, I just don't like lamb itself and just wanted to try it. We also ordered the beef Wellington to try and that was very tender and good.

For dessert my husband ordered carrot cake and was happy with it. I ordered the royal chocolate cake again, it's okay but I don't think it's anything special.bcf09ee04c775c81a55fa5b83e9307e0.jpg44d7a9afa1d65abf56d0743a58ff46f0.jpg0da14a277cafbd3859b91a5abee93cd0.jpg2cdb9b337c3d72aeb66ec71ff2e2d300.jpg

We have a 9pm show tomorrow night(We Will Rock You) so we can't do our 8:15 dinner. We decided to make reservations for Jamie's Italian so I will let you know tomorrow night how that was. I've heard mixed reviews and look forward to trying it for ourselves.

We are going to one of the "silent dance parties" in a few minutes (if my husband wakes up from his short nap). I've heard about it and look forward to seeing it in action.

Dinner tonight in the MDR

e197cc94af1208991bbae2ed69ce7316.jpgdc7254f3b4c5520d84987e89781bcbaf.jpg

We started with the coconut shrimp appetizers which were quite fresh and delicious.

My husband and I both ordered the Braised lamb. We aren't really lamb lovers so I only ate a little bit but I will say that it was very tender and yummy, I just don't like lamb itself and just wanted to try it. We also ordered the beef Wellington to try and that was very tender and good.

For dessert my husband ordered carrot cake and was happy with it. I ordered the royal chocolate cake again, it's okay but I don't think it's anything special.bcf09ee04c775c81a55fa5b83e9307e0.jpg44d7a9afa1d65abf56d0743a58ff46f0.jpg0da14a277cafbd3859b91a5abee93cd0.jpg2cdb9b337c3d72aeb66ec71ff2e2d300.jpg

We have a 9pm show tomorrow night(We Will Rock You) so we can't do our 8:15 dinner. We decided to make reservations for Jamie's Italian so I will let you know tomorrow night how that was. I've heard mixed reviews and look forward to trying it for ourselves.

We are going to one of the "silent dance parties" in a few minutes (if my husband wakes up from his short nap). I've heard about it and look forward to seeing it in action.

I absolutely love the land shank so happy to see it still on the menu.

I have a question about the scuba certification did they do all the reading and prep work before the cruise? Or do you do it on the cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Silent Party is pretty cool. Everyone gets headphones and you have two different 'stations' to listen to. You can flip the switch on the left side to either blue or green, each playing a different style of music. The dance floor quickly filled up and people were dancing all over, not just the dance floor. It's funny to watch and cool at the same time. You can take off your headphones and take it all in, watching everyone party and have fun without the music playing aloud. You do hear people singing along with what they are listening to. Me and my husband can listen to different music and still enjoy lol. This took place in the Music Hall tonight but I know they have had it in Two70 as well. I would recommend being part of it if you haven't already done so, even if you just "people watch" lol. It's basically like going to a club but it's made for all ages and everyone has a great time together, young and old. And you are in control of the music and loudness that you want (or don't want).

65f70f33ffcbb34a50dad4f058893d8a.jpg

Thank you for the excellent review. I find it even more appealing with your husband reviewing with you. It's as if we are all sitting around and chatting. Can't wait for my own sailing at the end of the month!

Say that again please, she doesn't want me trying to take over her thread, lol.

J/k sweetie, love you.

Did you do the iFly? IMHO, It is great fun!!! (And a great perk for everyone on the Anthem as iFly facilities on land can be quite pricey.) My husband I have taken turns standing outside of the "flight" tube so we can get photos and videos of each other. If you have not yet signed up ask Ricardo for his assistance.

Good morning. Yes, I totally forgot to post about our iFly experience. We did go yesterday after getting back from CocoCay. Unfortunately, even though I'm like 30 pounds under the maximum weight, the suit did not really fit me. It was too tight and I was uncomfortable, after we barely got it zippered. So just my husband and two sons did it. It was a great experience and I highly recommend it. Everyone looks silly so no reason to be embarrassed. I actually grouchy I took video of everyone but I screwed up and only got a video of one of my boys. I'm bummed about that. I wish they had a photographer there specifically for that, I heard someone is there sometimes but not always. There wasn't one yesterday. So I have no pictures or video of my husband and 17 yr old, only a video of my 14 yr old. My 17 year old was funny too, he kept kicking his legs like he was swimming and had a hard time with it, probably the worst one in the group lol. It's okay though, he had fun and got the hang of it toward the end of his time. You go through a little training video and learn the hand signs, then suit up and go out there. Everyone only gets like a minute inside the actual wind tunnel but it does look long enough.

I recommend it if you can get it reserved!

Now, I'm going to attempt to wake my teenage boys for breakfast. My husband left around 7am. We don't have to get off until 10:45am.

TY For the amazing pics of the cabana area. the setup/ropes/food/beach/rocks are all important things to someone who hasnt been there before.

it appears you cannot really be in the water near the cabanas with all those rocks but if you just want to relax and have a view and great food, seems like the place to be. also nice to know you have the concierge there somewhat watching your stuff and keeping the riff raff out. not that i bring more than ID and a bit of money.

and the perspective of the public area and that beach is a very good pic! nice to know not a far walk either. its probably about the same as on great stirrup. i had walked to the 'third beach' from the tenders for a bit less crowded area.

also if you remember what was on the wonderful buffet that would be cool

TY For the amazing pics of the cabana area. the setup/ropes/food/beach/rocks are all important things to someone who hasnt been there before.

it appears you cannot really be in the water near the cabanas with all those rocks but if you just want to relax and have a view and great food, seems like the place to be. also nice to know you have the concierge there somewhat watching your stuff and keeping the riff raff out. not that i bring more than ID and a bit of money.

and the perspective of the public area and that beach is a very good pic! nice to know not a far walk either. its probably about the same as on great stirrup. i had walked to the 'third beach' from the tenders for a bit less crowded area.

also if you remember what was on the wonderful buffet that would be cool

Hi, thank you. I wish I took pictures of the food setup because it's better than I can describe. They had everything from some cold salads, seafood skewers, rice and beans, jerk chicken, amazing tender pork Chops, delicious ribs, steak, hot dogs and hamburgers with all the toppings, and dessert such as fresh soft cookies and cakes. This is only the stuff I can recall right now, I know there was more. Plus fruit, there is always fruit. They even left a fruit plate in our Cabana at some point, they are sneaky lol. They also have a table with ice cold water, soda and fruit punch. Then you also have the bar if you want anything more. The staff was wonderful, so polite and helpful in anyway possible. There are plenty of tables too for eating, no stress about finding a table to sit down like you deal with at the Windjammer sometimes.

I forgot to mention that they also have carts (golf carts as I call them) to transfer you around if you want. I walked where I needed but saw plenty of people enjoying the cart ride to someplace else on the island they wanted to go (if you don't want to really walk).

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I've been following along since you got on the ship. My husband and I are on Anthem in June. The itinerary is different, but I'm still enjoying your review and its building my anticipation and excitement. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good morning. Yes, I totally forgot to post about our iFly experience. We did go yesterday after getting back from CocoCay. Unfortunately, even though I'm like 30 pounds under the maximum weight, the suit did not really fit me. It was too tight and I was uncomfortable, after we barely got it zippered.

I'm sorry to read this - I'm trying to lose weight to get below the minimum. Worried will get in line, only to have to miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband earned his Scuba Certification today in Nassau, Bahamas. I'm sure he can post about his experience. I was on my own with the boys today and we enjoyed the excursion offered through the ship, called "Seaworld Explorer". They put us on a transport boat to take us out to the other boat which has a bottom level to it, sort of like a submarine. The ride out to the 'submarine' boat was a lot of fun, not long at all and the guide was very funny. He had everyone laughing and smiling. You then cross over to the other boat while it's in the water and they direct you downstairs. It was more roomy than I expected and every single person has a window. It felt like a long time, I think about 45 minutes, of moving around and learning about the ocean life. We saw lots of fish and some stingrays. People mentioned a shark and turtle but I didn't see them. Then we got back onto the other boat which brought us back to land. We had a good time and it was an enjoyable excursion, not too long either! I would recommend it.

c243cfadc0b5d6b9b7ac6c9464c67756.jpg2b32b3716a8f227da5411979880a6d02.jpg

3706acc34d67a97d48b7903bae86c32d.jpg

fbdce686acd42e767a3e7f755d40934d.jpg

We ate at Jamie's Italian and overall, we enjoyed it. The chairs are hard metal and not the most comfortable but, the service and food was enjoyable. We ordered multiple appetizers which included the ultimate garlic bread, crispy squid (fried calamari) and Crab/avocado Bruschetta. The garlic bread is very soft and tasty. The calamari was actually good but the breading must have a spice/pepper in it because it was a bit spicy. I cannot eat spicy food (due to stomach issues) so I had to give it all to my husband. I wasn't sure if I liked the bruschetta at first because I tasted more lemon than I did avocado but I ended up enjoying it the more I ate.

I ordered the penne carbonara and really liked it and would recommend it. It wasn't oily like I've had before at other Italian restaurants. My husband ordered the lasagna and wasn't able to finish it. It had a very weird taste to us, not like a traditional lasagna we know and love. We are from New York so our knowledge of Italian food and restaurants is different than this menu.

For dessert we ordered the brownie sundae and I also ordered a side of their homemade salted caramel ice cream. My husband and I loved the brownie dessert; I enjoyed the salted caramel ice cream but my husband didn't like it.

The Captain stopped by to say hi to everyone while dining. A woman kept coming over to check on us too, sort of strange because she seemed almost desperate for us to like them or let them know of any problems; it was good but a little over the top. I also want to mention that they had a lot of empty tables, we had a 6:30pm reservation and most tables were empty when we got there and was sort of the same when we left. I did like the place and would recommended trying them.

80a736845e170082ff9bb5fb7067ff5f.jpg7efce4f39b69b718a22a6bd765515a4e.jpg020b91731790ab7c0f995596f5276880.jpg05c49de38d27a354b63092cf74f6b5ff.jpgde0f9bf3cca23128b09b2829bac7fe44.jpg727658c8efae673516ef8262d96d587e.jpg

We ate at Jamie's Italian and overall, we enjoyed it. The chairs are hard metal and not the most comfortable but, the service and food was enjoyable. We ordered multiple appetizers which included the ultimate garlic bread, crispy squid (fried calamari) and Crab/avocado Bruschetta. The garlic bread is very soft and tasty. The calamari was actually good but the breading must have a spice/pepper in it because it was a bit spicy. I cannot eat spicy food (due to stomach issues) so I had to give it all to my husband. I wasn't sure if I liked the bruschetta at first because I tasted more lemon than I did avocado but I ended up enjoying it the more I ate.

I ordered the penne carbonara and really liked it and would recommend it. It wasn't oily like I've had before at other Italian restaurants. My husband ordered the lasagna and wasn't able to finish it. It had a very weird taste to us, not like a traditional lasagna we know and love. We are from New York so our knowledge of Italian food and restaurants is different than this menu.

For dessert we ordered the brownie sundae and I also ordered a side of their homemade salted caramel ice cream. My husband and I loved the brownie dessert; I enjoyed the salted caramel ice cream but my husband didn't like it.

The Captain stopped by to say hi to everyone while dining. A woman kept coming over to check on us too, sort of strange because she seemed almost desperate for us to like them or let them know of any problems; it was good but a little over the top. I also want to mention that they had a lot of empty tables, we had a 6:30pm reservation and most tables were empty when we got there and was sort of the same when we left. I did like the place and would recommended trying them.

80a736845e170082ff9bb5fb7067ff5f.jpg7efce4f39b69b718a22a6bd765515a4e.jpg020b91731790ab7c0f995596f5276880.jpg05c49de38d27a354b63092cf74f6b5ff.jpgde0f9bf3cca23128b09b2829bac7fe44.jpg727658c8efae673516ef8262d96d587e.jpg

I'll just add that our wedding anniversary is on Sunday and we were considering going here for dinner that night. After eating there though, it just wasn't the feel I was expecting. On Independence we ate at Giovanni's and while their food was somewhat disappointing, it had a nice, specialty restaurant feel to it. Jamie's didn't have that feel. It was more casual than I expected and not something I really felt was worth paying extra money for.