Live - Anthem of the Seas 4/9/17 - 4/17/17

AZ---it is also our First time on Anthem with you on the 17th Have learned plenty from these threads!! See you at M --and G--sorry mingle

We sailed on The Awesome Anthem last April, 2 days after returning booked again for the 17th, exact same itinerary but who cares! We had a fantastic time, not one complaint. Hope it will be the same this year. We have done 16 cruises and it was our best cruise ever!

Marg

My Granddaughter, seven at the time, actually explained The Gift to my husband! He did not get it at all, yet she did.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

sounds like she deserves a sticky at the top of the forum so everyone can understand the story :)

Explanation is pretty poor and while it explains where we are at the beginning, everything after it really doesn't make any sense and is never explained. I told my wife it was like watching Alice in wonderland on lsd. There's no character development, which is one of the major problems with it. I'm joking just a bit about the not knowing what it was about thing, as I went into it knowing that it was going to be confusing and hard to follow, from the multiple bad reviews of it. If you don't go in, expecting that, it's unlikely you'd be able to follow along, which is why many passengers don't get the storyline. Basically the show should be about 20 minutes longer, which would be enough time to make the story more coherent and allow better character development. With numerous poor reviews, I don't get how they haven't fixed it yet. I was wondering if maybe we hadn't seen as many Broadway shows as we have, if we would have enjoyed it more. But I realized that because of Broadway, we recognized how great the talent and performances were, despite the bad storyline. So, if not for Broadway experience, we probably would have simply disliked it entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like the movie "Nothing in Common" with Tom Hanks and Jackie Gleason. After his mother passes away, Tom Hanks who plays an Advertising Exec tries to get close with his father.

Can you please advise what the current dress code is in the MDR. There is a thread on this board that says shorts are now permitted in the MDR but the Royal Caribbean website does not indicate so. My husband likes to wear dress shorts to dinner. We just want to make sure we have the right clothes. Thanks in advance.

So I do have one little complaint over time management and doing things at right time. We stopped by the dog house earlier and now we're waiting for ice cream cone. At the dog house, a line formed really quickly behind us and the employee, thought it was the right time to restock napkins, as people mumbled behind us. Employee restocking ice cream, blocked both machines and proceeded to restock each, one at a time, despite the building line; probably would have made more sense to shut down one line and send people to the one machine which restocking so that the line could keep moving. Maybe they have to do things a certain way, not sure, but really didn't make much sense to me at least.

Not the same flavors on each machine. So 50/50 shot you'd be waiting anyway.

Can you please advise what the current dress code is in the MDR. There is a thread on this board that says shorts are now permitted in the MDR but the Royal Caribbean website does not indicate so. My husband likes to wear dress shorts to dinner. We just want to make sure we have the right clothes. Thanks in advance.

New dress code. Shorts are permitted in MDR on casual nights

My husband has been wearing shorts to the dining room and nobody has said any thing. My kids wore their basketball shorts without any issue.

Hi :)

The 'Gift' was beautiful, touching and had us feeling so many emotions, and even tears.

I'm very confused as to how many passengers do not get the storyline of the Gift as it is handed to you & fully explained within the first few minutes of the show. What a lovely, moving experience... I will never forget it.

:)

I too have been confused as why so many people don't get the storyline. Understood right at beginning. It was a good show

I really don't like people holding chairs when they are not even around their own chair to be sitting at after 20-30 minutes goes by - not even in the pool or hot tub. Has anyone seen the workers force these rules before?

Very rarely enforced.

Good evening. We were up at 5:30 this morning for a day at Universal. The ship did not announce that the gangway was open, we happened to be down there early, waiting, and just went off when they opened it. We had car service scheduled to pick us up at 7am but they were running late due to detours, which is due to wild fires that they have been having here. We ended up taking a taxi and it took us 2 hours to get to Universal Studios. I did hear that other people, that left later than us, never made it to Orlando and ended up doing something else. We pre-purchased a VIP private tour at Universal and was able to do both parks in one day, back on the ship before 7:30pm. It's a bit expensive but was a great experience, especially when short on time. I believe you can check it out on Universal's website if anyone is interested.

Upon arriving back on the ship, we purposely went to Windjammer to have ice cream. Yes, their amazing ice cream, before our dinner lol. We cannot comprehend why the ice cream served in Windjammer is so much better quality than the dining room. Why wouldn't they use the same ice cream, especially in the dining room? We have eaten both multiple times and can say that they are definitely different.

Anyway, we ate in our main dining room tonight. I ordered the Braised beef short rib and loved it, very tender and delicious. My husband ordered the lasagna but found it to be overcooked and dry, he only ate half of it (it was a small piece). The waitress also recommended the Osso bucco to my husband and brought that out for us to share. I'm so glad she did, that was also very good! For dessert, I ordered the Cherry Jubilee and my husband ordered the donuts. We both enjoyed our desserts.

e2c6189a7501ecd439d28d630ba827be.jpg42609f3c13636d6af9944ee16fdb973d.jpg

Afterwards, we went outside as the ship pulled out of Port Canaveral. While walking the outside deck, I discovered that Jamie's Italian specialty restaurant had an additional dining area outside on the deck. I only knew about the dining room inside the ship and was not aware of this additional dining space outside. I don't know if it's used often, I saw most people inside. I thought it was interesting and snapped some pictures.

c60a53a015cb9a924640bb641add5d2c.jpga04d361505259b8f59eb42a0700df06b.jpg3e60f340f7d764288560709c23adfe63.jpg

After that, we headed to the Music Hall for a 50's and 60's music party, by Synergy. I loved it. A lot of people were dancing and the Music was great. I hope they do it again because I would have liked to dance but was too tired from our long day.

Tomorrow we will be at CocoCay. My husband and 14 yr old son have to be up early and at the indoor pool at 7am for more scuba certification stuff. They will be doing their first open water dives tomorrow at CocoCay. My 17 yr old and I will be getting off and hopefully relaxing most of the day, we rented a Cabana for the day. We also have the Jet Ski Tour excursion booked for around 2pm and then have to be back on the ship and ready for iFly at 4:40. That's the plan, we will see how it all works out!!

Have a good night everyone.

Any more kids compass'?

I don't have little children so I've been snapping pictures as a courtesy when we are in the concierge lounge. We didn't go tonight since we got back late from our day at port. They have those different compasses in the lounge for access. I'm not sure if we will go tomorrow night but, if we do, I will take some more pictures for you. And if not tomorrow, then definitely the next day.

New dress code. Shorts are permitted in MDR on casual nights

On March 27th RCCL announced that "shorts, tee and tanks" were acceptable and was subsequently reversed on April 6th by removing those items from the list...apparently after a lot of complaints.

Thank you so much for posting this! Awesome job & very much appreciated! We've never sailed on Anthem, but will be doing so in 4 short weeks - so excited!! I saw pictures of the outside of the Windjammer where there were rows of sinks to wash your hands before entering. Hopefully people are using these sinks before going into the buffet. I usually grab the tongs with a napkin (yeah, I have issues LOL!) One more comment: Chair hogs. I know this will always happen, and yes, it bothers me, too, but I like to look at my glass as half-full: I'll always find somewhere to sit. Maybe later in the day I'll get that chair in the solarium that I want when people start clearing out. As we all know: any day on a cruise ship is better than a day at work :-) Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

Thank you for the excellent review. I find it even more appealing with your husband reviewing with you. It's as if we are all sitting around and chatting. Can't wait for my own sailing at the end of the month!