Live - Anthem of the Seas 4/9/17 - 4/17/17

Good evening. We enjoyed a nice formal night dinner at our MDR. I posted the picture of the menu earlier, but they must have had a change from the time they left the preview menu in our room. Instead of veal tenderloins, they had duck. They actually bring a nice array of appetizers before you even order your actual appetizers and entrees, consisting of a bread basket, fruit plate and a cheese plate with pecans and dried apricot:

d9d47b8bfe5005e6766ffe8bfcabbd23.jpg

Both my sons and I ordered the seafood with linguine which was tasty:

99523c72ec2556dd7094114555ef30c2.jpg

My husband ordered the beef tenderloin:

e9578a935218ad5abae98d36af2d5fcf.jpg

I forgot to do it last night but tonight I remembered to snap a picture of the dessert menu. Quite honestly, the appetizers and entrees are good but the dessert hasn't impressed us. We actually enjoyed Windjammer dessert/ice cream better. (Don't get upset, that's our personal opinions thus far).

c0667ab0e10acc1dbc747864ace2d8f9.jpg

We have an 8:15 dinner time but went down at 7:15 to get pictures taken. It's a good thing we went early because the lines were long. We did manage to get multiple different background pictures and a picture with the Captain before going to dinner! So if pictures are important to you, get a head start!

Upon arriving back in our room, we had a cute animal waiting for us, with my husband's glasses on. We also received an anniversary card.

e0fa44bc29c3cfdbefdc21abff46b444.jpg

4fa0d47002cc042e36d42865457a0414.jpg

Okay, we changed back into something comfortable (dress and suit is not our norm) and we are heading out to see The Gift.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I forgot to do it last night but tonight I remembered to snap a picture of the dessert menu. Quite honestly, the appetizers and entrees are good but the dessert hasn't impressed us. We actually enjoyed Windjammer dessert/ice cream better. (Don't get upset, that's our personal opinions thus far).

c0667ab0e10acc1dbc747864ace2d8f9.jpg

If you don't like the desserts that night, there are other things you can ask for. I've had ice cream with chocolate chip cookies, ice cream with fresh strawberries and chocolate syrup, jello, any of the desserts you can get with ice cream or whipped cream. The Royal Chocolate cake is good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. There are also some good desserts on the kids menu that you can get.

If you don't like the desserts that night, there are other things you can ask for. I've had ice cream with chocolate chip cookies, ice cream with fresh strawberries and chocolate syrup, jello, any of the desserts you can get with ice cream or whipped cream. The Royal Chocolate cake is good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. There are also some good desserts on the kids menu that you can get.

Hi. We actually did mix and match desserts. For me, I did order the Royal Chocolate cake with a scoop of ice cream but didn't find the cake or ice cream to be anything great. Again, it's my opinion. It wasn't bad but I did find some better quality items in the Windjammer that we liked. I know the menu items will change daily and will continue trying other items.

Good morning. We are up early since my husband and 14 yr old are doing the PADI scuba certification and have their training from 7-10am today in the indoor pool. I didn't believe all the rumors about "pool hogs" but before 7am, people already have towels and belongings thrown on pool chairs at both the indoor and outdoor pool area. Are they even here? Nope! They apparently have someone put stuff on a chair and leave, saving chairs for later. I'm actually here at 7am and felt pressured to pick a chair for myself before it gets taken. So be aware! I wish the crew would put a stop to that. If you want to hold chairs, you should be in the pool area.

Okay, enough ranting. The sun is rising and the temperature should be warmer today so the long pants are finally coming off of me. Bathing suit and cover up are on.

We saw The Gift last night and both my husband and I have the same exact opinion. We live in NY and see a couple Broadway shows a year. With that said, we were impressed with the amazing visual affects, theatrics, dancing etc... the plot itself is not really good. Or better said, my husband called it "a hot mess". The actors/dancers did great with what they had to do and like I said, the affects were great. I would recommend it specifically for that. If you look past the confusing and strange story presentation, you can enjoy what they are doing and the work they put into it.

Something else I wanted to point out that we discovered last night... eating dessert after 9pm is not easy lol. After the dining room, the buffet closes at 9. We found the outside ice cream machine closed by 9:30 too(or no cones left to get ice cream) and Johnny Rockets (for shakes) also had a closing time of 9:30. I couldn't believe how early they close! I think they were open until 11pm on our cruise last year (Independence of the Seas). Just something to note to those people who like a late night snack and dessert. You can have pizza at Sorrento's and cookies/mini cupcake in Cafe Promenade but, that's sort of it. I didn't want pizza right before bed so I actually ate a little tuna sandwich from Cafe Promenade.

Something I'd like to mention that made me really happy... multiple times in the late hours (9-midnight) we found my 14 yr old sitting around with a bunch of other kids. On our way to The Gift we saw Jayson sitting with 4 other kids, talking and having fun. After the show, when we went to Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's to sit down, he was there with even more friends... laughing and having a great time. Huge smile on his face. He didn't see us, so I got to enjoy it from afar. It's just nice to watch them make friends and have fun on a strange ship with new faces. Both my boys haven't been really following the club activities (they find it boring) but they have been meeting up with kids at random places and having a good time, keeping busy.

As for today's plans, I am hoping for a nap lol. Other than this scuba thing until 10am, we have Northstar reserved for 2pm. That's all that is planned right now. We did enjoy a get together with fellow cruise critic members at one of the bars yesterday (even though I don't drink). People have recognized us mainly from Facebook posts, which is a little weird at first that people know our names lol, but it's really cool to feel like we have friends on board. It's making us be more social than we usually are. Meeting some nice and interesting people [emoji3].

Oh, I almost forgot... I was pleased to see that they have staff cleaning all the handrails on the ship. That's something I questioned, thinking they would sanitize tables and clean rooms and such but forget about other things that people touch. I have a weak immune system so it made me happy lol

bc3ab790068aebbae1ace7471cfaf9cd.jpg

thanks for the pics of the lounge. i hadnt seen those before. anyone know if JR suites get that too? guessing not.

Grand suite and above has access to the concierge lounge. We enjoy the perks very much and have found it financially reasonable to pay more for the GS in return for some of the perks. The Concierge has helped us a lot on this cruise, making reservations that would have been almost impossible on our own. Moving reservations around as well. We also have received numerous free cocktails in the lounge as well as other times, just for having the suite. As my husband stated yesterday I think, it makes the drink package worthless to us. We aren't big drinkers and the few drinks he had, were free. He paid for maybe one or two drinks since sailing. If we drank a lot or more through the day, it would be a different story.

Oh, I almost forgot... I was pleased to see that they have staff cleaning all the handrails on the ship. That's something I questioned, thinking they would sanitize tables and clean rooms and such but forget about other things that people touch. I have a weak immune system.

Thanks for the great review. Sounds like your family is having a blast. Glad to see the wiping down of handrails. Hoping they do the same with elevator buttons. I am very concern as we are boarding April 29 and recently had a bout of pneumonia. So my immune system is not what it should be. I will load up on probiotics and wash wash wash my hands like crazy. We too are celebrating a special anniversary.Happy anniversary to you and your hubby.

They wash everything down sometimes its with a very sticky cleaner. Most important thing is to never touch your face without washing your hands first. Harder than it sounds but really helps.

We cruised quantum during/after a neuro outbreak. Learned about some of the protocols. Like you know its bad if no self serve drinks, blocked off someone will hand you everything even water and nothing on tables, no silver wear, no salt and pepper, nothing.

....Something else I wanted to point out that we discovered last night... eating dessert after 9pm is not easy lol. After the dining room, the buffet closes at 9. We found the outside ice cream machine closed by 9:30 too(or no cones left to get ice cream) and Johnny Rockets (for shakes) also had a closing time of 9:30. I couldn't believe how early they close! ....... [emoji3].

Did you forget you were in a suite!? Have them bring ice cream to the room! :p

I'm enjoying your review. You're making me re-think my cabin choice...a suite might be sweet!

Thank you! I enjoy the suite for the perks and the bigger room. Don't go bankrupt for it though lol. You do need to weigh the pros and what you get out of it, which could offset some things you were going to pay for anyway. Like the free drinks we get in Concierge, the free Voom Internet with our room, VIP embark and disembark, and some other things that might matter to us but be totally stupid to someone else.