Live - Anthem of the Seas 4/9/17 - 4/17/17

The Music Hall is very nice, two floors. They do karaoke in there as well as the bands and parties. The Journey Tribute Band (DSB) was very good and fun to watch. 695c8480c0adf168c4f6fcb1828b3e29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How come no one was dancing??? On all my previous cruises on Anthem (8), when the tribute bands played lots of people were dancing. Love DSB. Saw them 3 times, and can't wait to see them again on May 6th.

Dinner in the main dining room was good. We got filled up by appetizers and dinner, we didn't even make it to dessert. It also didn't help that we went to Windjammer an hour and a half before dinner lol. We didn't eat much but was hungry and wanted something before our 8:15 dinner. Turns out they have amazing ice cream! They had three choices: pistachio, chocolate and butter pecan. I didn't mind skipping dessert in the main dining room because the ice cream from Windjammer was that good!

Edited by sromano516

Haven't been able to access our calendar most of the day. So I can't cancel any scheduled activities, until I speak to concierge again tomorrow, since calendar doesn't work.

If you are out and about, try one of the customer service tablets around the ship (several at guest services) - those may have better connectivity and reliability than the app.

OP id appreciate a small note every once in a while to update your elevator experience. i'm booked on 9 and not a real ez walk up nor down and id like to know if you have just as bad an experience other than day 1 or after shows. etc.

If you are out and about, try one of the customer service tablets around the ship (several at guest services) - those may have better connectivity and reliability than the app.

Unfortunately the calendar isn't working on those as well. Guest services is aware but not sure when it will be fixed. You can still see the calendar on your tv in your stateroom.

Our day started with breakfast in Coastal Kitchen. The restaurant is very nice and it was quite relaxing. If you have access, it's definitely a place to try! The food was delicious and unfortunately we ate it all before remembering to take pictures lol. We did sneak in a picture of the menu before leaving though. be4bfbe00cfb3eeca26394cc36e61b2a.jpg

As for the elevator situation... we found it much easier to get an elevator this morning. As someone mentioned their own concern due to a handicap, I have rheumatoid arthritis and try to avoid the stairs if possible, due to a lot of pain. I will mention the elevator status as the week goes on for those interested in knowing.

We are currently waiting for a 10am meet and greet at the Music Hall with fellow cruise critic and Facebook people. After that, we have an 11am exclusive cocktail party for suite guests at Vintages. As for my kids, the 14 year old left breakfast and headed to the Seaplex. My 17 year old was still sleeping and I haven't heard from him lol. He was planning to hit the gym when he woke up.

I will post pictures of the compass and menus later on when we are back in our room.

Thank You for sharing your cruise with us all.

Elevator issue is scary we are on deck 13 and FIL can not do stairs. We have a 9 nt coming up in June.

I am looking forward to your current menus.

What are your plans in Bermuda and Puerto Rico?

Thank You for sharing your cruise with us all.

Elevator issue is scary we are on deck 13 and FIL can not do stairs. We have a 9 nt coming up in June.

I am looking forward to your current menus.

What are your plans in Bermuda and Puerto Rico?

Hi. You are welcome, my husband and I always appreciated feedback from others.

Our cruise is actually to Port Canaveral, CocoCay and Nassau, Bahamas. We are taking our teenage boys to Universal Studios in Orlando for the day. My husband and 14 yr old son will be scuba diving in both CocoCay and Nassau. We also have a Cabana rental for the day and Jet skiing tour reserved for CocoCay. My 17 yr old and I will be going on a "sea world explorer" tour in Nassau.

Thanks for taking us along. Would love love love any pics of your GS, Coastal Kitchen and the suite lounge. Have a great cruise.

Hi. Here are some pictures of the grand suite. It has some Anniversary decorations (which is not free).

00c1e84687bceee6ad68d1921f1f7fa2.jpg62965cd7fc388dbf8adf853d0d76debd.jpg5f077f396ab276891b43406246f01abe.jpgaab0ec28e9559faba91d970ee795bb1e.jpged23ac2941c1048ade970e909a00a9f1.jpg

We just got back from our suites cocktail party. Enjoyed a couple of mimosas and chatted with the captain, who we also ran in to during breakfast at costal kitchen. Wife will probably post the picture we took with him but here is the food layout.

7ed7ad9490c7d4ff792638be3704ca5c.jpg

Lots of drink options. Here's some bloody Mary's ready to be given out.

344358d4d1c4e632d74d1f6fcf151156.jpg

Here's a picture of the captain and our cruise director. Both very friendly guys.

e4acd50348e5f2e1f912ae120bce08a3.jpg

Basically, if you're considering a Suite, do it. We enjoy the extra perks, which is why we've been sticking to always getting one since the first time we did it. We're hooked. It's also generally made the deluxe beverage package not worth it to us, since wife can't really drink and I'm not a crazy heavy drinker, the drinks from concierge lounge and other little get together, covers my alcohol consumption for the cruise, aside from a few few drinks here and there.

Thanks for doing this live review! If you would post your DH and DS's thoughts on the SCUBA class, I'd appreciate it very much (I'm thinking of doing it next March).

Enjoy every minute of the Anthem!

I'll be able to give better thoughts on the scuba class, once we've completed at least our 1st and 2nd open water dives. I was a little concerned about how our son would get through the online portion, after I finished it but, he had no problems and pretty much did it in one day on weekend. There's a bunch of little exams throughout and various videos and readings that you listen to. It's nice that you are able to get that required learning done before you get on the ship. I thought of it at the $599 price per person, you're getting to do 4 open water dives and get certified too, all while on vacation. Pretty cool.

The one thing that sucked was the swim test and float test. You have to swim 200 meters and tread water/float for 10 minutes; doing that in a pool over filled with kids, was a royal pain in the butt, as was doing the float/treading. We did our quick review test after that and will be doing the first set of our confined water dives in the pool tomorrow, 2nd sea day, from 7am-10am. The next set will be from 7am-8:30am before our first 2 open water dives at Coco Cay. I love the times because we're not really missing out on much of our vacation time doing it.

So that's where we are now. My wife will be posting pictures from our confined water dives tomorrow morning and I'll update further with my thoughts on the program along the way. I also like that it's limited to a total of 4 people for the course on the sailing and our instructor Scott is pretty cool.