How to schedule dining and shows on Escape without conflict

Vacationlover2

I have been on about 6 ncl cruises so far. All small ships except Breakaway. Even on Breakaway though, if I had dinner at 8:30, I could see a show prior.

I booked 4'nights of specialty dining, usually 8 or 8:30. Then I saw the dailies in another thread. It looks like the shows are all at the times I planned dinner. Does anyone have experience with this?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

this is one area where the large ships bother me.

on teh small NCL ships, you always know the shows are at 7 and 9pm. makes it simple to book a 730pm rezzie and hit the 9pm show (our preference).

the mega NCL ships, it varies and you never know what day/time. even when you do, ive boarded adn had a notice in my cabin stating that teh show i reserved was moved to another date and time. without fail, this always conflicts with a dinner rezzie.

I have been on about 6 ncl cruises so far. All small ships except Breakaway. Even on Breakaway though, if I had dinner at 8:30, I could see a show prior.

I booked 4'nights of specialty dining, usually 8 or 8:30. Then I saw the dailies in another thread. It looks like the shows are all at the times I planned dinner. Does anyone have experience with this?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would leave your dining reservations alone till you are on the ship, Show times can change and on another recent thread the Poster said all the shows on the Escape changed times and then she had to go change around their dining because of the show changes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just booked shows & dinners 90 days out this past weekend. We booked the shows 1st and then because we also have the 3 night SDP we booked those reservations on a different night. I decided to go ahead and book each of the 3 main dining rooms and did the Taste & Savor on the nights we booked the 2 main shows. As I have read in previous post, NCL's reservation system will not let you book dinner reservations that potentially conflict with your show reservations. Only gave us 1 choice for 5:30 dining time for our 7:30 show reservations. No big deal since they are the dining rooms and only 4 of us, if we choose to eat somewhere or a different time will be easy to adjust the dining rooms.

We're going to be sailing on the Gem.... Is an hour and a half enough time to eat dinner at a specialty restaurant and get decent seats at the show (ex: dinner @ 5:30; show @ 7)? Also, how long are the shows if you want to book dinner after, and is there any difference in the 1st and 2nd shows?

morning star...its like you were reading my mind..i am also sailing on the gem and would love to know the same thing...

we booked our specialty rest's at 8:30pm and hopefully finish catching the early show

if you eat at 530 in the MDR or specialties on the Gem, you will make the 7pm show. worst case, you skip dessert which they will send to your room if you ask them to.

hmmmm.....may have to rethink the time....dessert is my favorite part of the meal....lol!

thanks....are there shows every night?

There is something going on every night. Shows, live music, game shows...you can't see it all. The main stage musical shows are at 7:30 or 10, sometimes they have a comedy show, magic or something from the Supper Club in the main theater instead. There are also shows in the Supper Club typically at 9 PM, or dinner shows at 6. I believe the entertainment can change and that is why they keep many of the bookings for on the ship.

If you want to pre-book a main stage show at the 7:30 time then I would plan to eat at a complimentary location that night and book a 5:30 MDR. Everything else you can book on the ship when you can see what is offered and know which shows you want or just keep in mind the typical show times as you book your dining. We went to the box office first thing and then went to Headliners and made our dining reservations. This took very little time and we had no trouble getting what we wanted. We had pre-booked some things and ended up changing just about everything once on board.

There is something going on every night. Shows, live music, game shows...you can't see it all. The main stage musical shows are at 7:30 or 10, sometimes they have a comedy show, magic or something from the Supper Club in the main theater instead. There are also shows in the Supper Club typically at 9 PM, or dinner shows at 6. I believe the entertainment can change and that is why they keep many of the bookings for on the ship.

If you want to pre-book a main stage show at the 7:30 time then I would plan to eat at a complimentary location that night and book a 5:30 MDR. Everything else you can book on the ship when you can see what is offered and know which shows you want or just keep in mind the typical show times as you book your dining. We went to the box office first thing and then went to Headliners and made our dining reservations. This took very little time and we had no trouble getting what we wanted. We had pre-booked some things and ended up changing just about everything once on board.

thanks so much!! we're actually sailing on the gem so don't thing we have the ability to pre-book shows...was it hard to find open specialty dining times when you had to switch? i'm imagining the same thing will happen to us

thanks so much!! we're actually sailing on the gem so don't thing we have the ability to pre-book shows...was it hard to find open specialty dining times when you had to switch? i'm imagining the same thing will happen to us

shows on gem are all at 7 and 9 in terms of main theater shows. all the small ships operate this way.

thanks....are there shows every night?

there is always entertainment of some kind every night.

but the main theater shows are shown 2 or 3 times per week to give everyone the chance to see it. its not like the small ships that have a different theater show every night at 7 and 9.

there is always entertainment of some kind every night.

but the main theater shows are shown 2 or 3 times per week to give everyone the chance to see it. its not like the small ships that have a different theater show every night at 7 and 9.

We are talking about the Gem here... You just confused it all again.

It wasn't hard at all because I think they leave most of the reservations open for people to book once on board.