the on board scavenger hunt

zac226

I agree! One of my favorite cruise memories is when my family was doing the scavenger hunt & one of the tasks was to have someone smash an ice cream cone in a team member's face. While my daughter was filling up the cone, another cruiser asked what we were doing. My daughter explained & he asked if he could smash it in her face. She accepted and the fellow cruiser was laughing so hard while helping us compete the task. [emoji23][emoji23] we also met many nice (& inebriated) people on the Lido deck while gathering enough people to do the required conga line. Many fond memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Won my last 24 karat gold plastic ship on a stick doing one of these. We did, however cheat. They supposedly told us to do the pictures in the order of tasks given. We just did them as they came available.

At least on the Dream, none of the tasks were in the stateroom areas. A few cruises ago, one task called for a pic of a man wearing a speedo. I found a guy with a clearly branded speedo, but it was just regular swimming trunks. We lost that argument [emoji53]

I'm planning on creating my own for our next cruise. We're taking members of my wife's family. It's their first time and they have 3 teenagers, so I want to make sure they have a blast. The first thing my wife said was, "Ooh can I play too!?" It'll be like this one, just photos of the list items. I'll make most of them just stationary objects because I don't know how comfortable the kids will be interacting with strangers on board, but I'll throw a few in there like that if they want to do them. I plan on giving a prize to the winning team. Haven't decided on what yet, but maybe Carnival gift cards. Have the hunt on the 2nd or 3rd day (of a 7-day) so they have time to spend their winnings. I think I'll have as much fun making it and watching them as they will doing it (I hope they will).

We were on the Conquest last year and I don't think they held an official scavenger hunt. If they did, I missed it in the Fun Times.

Wow, it sounds like some scavenger hunts on the ships make ours look lame by comparison. I think finding someone who will take an ice cream to the face, then probably have to go change would be hard. As would a speedo