A few changes...

1fifthavenue

hi all

Just off the Grand Voyage from Abu Dhabi to Genoa, on to which I B2B'd a short 3 day cruise.

The new drinks packages have launched

hey are now a little more expensive

When purchased onboard the standard is €26 and premium €50 per day.

The premium package now has a few exclusions - very expensive rums, vodka and whiskies.

Guests with premium packages can now have a 30% discount on wines and champagne by the bottle whereas previously this wasn't the case.

The cocktail package is no longer available.

There are new menus with a few different cocktails. Gives us something to explore later

Gratuities have increased to €10 per day from the previous €9 per day

It's not so long ago that the gratuity on repos was €6 pppd. So an increase of 66% or thereabouts in a couple of years or so; and almost 43% increase on the original €7 pppd rate!!

The way things are going I'll be a little reluctant to tip the crew extra, nor will the premium package be worth it to us, even though €50 is still great value. But DH doesn't avail of any of the premium extras so, in future, for the €48 pd we'll save, I'll just purchase as I go anything over and above what the basic package covers.

Hi Bea, just to clarify these changes came in after the repo, so on the 3 night b2b section...

We found this time that we were really enjoying quality over quantity. Our waiter would bring a bottle of chablis every night, priced at €30, and a few 'select' cocktails we were still up on what we would pay, so despite the increase we will continue to go premium, if it were a case of just wanting a more premium spirit then we too would think twice about that and go instead for the standard