Solarium Bistro Dinner on Oasis

Is dinner at Solarium Bistro now complimentary on Oasis? It's showing reservations for free in cruise planner, but I thought it was previously $20 for dinner. Did it perhaps change to complimentary like on Athem? Would appreciate feedback from anyone who may have cruised Oasis recently!

I think I've read there is no longer a charge for it. We were on Oasis in January and they were charging at that time. However, our wait for a table in MTD with our reservation was going to be "least 35 minutes" so we were given the option of having a complimentary dinner in the Bistro instead.

I was not impressed with the food, I would have been unhappy if we had paid for it.:D.

Sherri:)

I was on Oasis last week. We had reserved one night in the Bistro after learning it was no longer a pay-per-view dining. I loved the Bistro during the day (quiet, relaxed, good bar service), but i would NOT do dinner there again.

The appetizer course was buffet style, then entree and dessert were ordered and served. The food (as advertised) was a bit more "healthy" fare than our other experiences (MDR and Coastal Kitchen). We had prepared salads (good), i got loads of roasted veggies (good), and massive servings of broiled salmon (meh). I honestly don't remember the dessert.

My biggest problem, tho, was the "ambiance" -- or lack thereof. The dining area is a glassed-in enclosure inside the Solarium area, so you can easily see outside to the loungers, pool, and hot tubs. Which means other vacationers in swimsuits parading right by your dinner table the whole time. Hairy armpits and too-tight speedos -- just ruined the experience.

I was on Oasis last week. We had reserved one night in the Bistro after learning it was no longer a pay-per-view dining. I loved the Bistro during the day (quiet, relaxed, good bar service), but i would NOT do dinner there again.

The appetizer course was buffet style, then entree and dessert were ordered and served. The food (as advertised) was a bit more "healthy" fare than our other experiences (MDR and Coastal Kitchen). We had prepared salads (good), i got loads of roasted veggies (good), and massive servings of broiled salmon (meh). I honestly don't remember the dessert.

My biggest problem, tho, was the "ambiance" -- or lack thereof. The dining area is a glassed-in enclosure inside the Solarium area, so you can easily see outside to the loungers, pool, and hot tubs. Which means other vacationers in swimsuits parading right by your dinner table the whole time. Hairy armpits and too-tight speedos -- just ruined the experience.

Were there some entrees that had an extra cost?

We sailed on Oasis April 9th. About 1 week prior to our sailing I read on the Roll Call (thanks GadgetGod) that the price was now showing $0. I called RCI and had the reservation cancelled then re-booked for no charge. Credit Card was refunded. We dined at 8:30PM and found the surroundings to be quiet and secluded. I think there were only 3 other tables occupied during our dinner. Perhaps if the candle lanterns were lit it would have been a little more romantic. The service was excellent.

My wife and I ordered the lamb chops, and both of us thought they were EXCELLENT! Perfectly seasoned and cooked to a medium rare with slightly crispy outside. I think it was the best entre I have ever been served on a cruise ship and definitely the best lamb chops I have ever eaten. I remember the appetizer buffet as being adequate to good, but do not remember the desert. Sorry, I also do not remember if there were other items on the menu for an upcharge.