Empress of the Seas-Cuba

Correct. But, one also needs to consider the exchange rate one pays to convert USD to CAD and then CAD to CUC. I just googled airport exchange rates (usually the worst thing to do) and it said I would get $122 CAD for $100 USD (this looks particularly awful). Looking at Oanda, the CAD to CUC is around 70% (I'm assuming another fee). $122*70% = 85.4CUC. My understanding is that $100 USD = 87CUC. Is my math and understanding not correct?

One may be able to get better exchange rates, but some people may not have ready access and would need to research more, spending time doing so - airports may be the best solution for them (although not ideal.)

I'm going to keep my USD, but will try to remember to do the conversion for other currencies for my 5/20 trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your too in depth for me. After what we read on Trip Advisor and other sources, we felt it was best for us to convert here in the US to CAD$. My bank does not sell foreign currency so it was easier to have my sister do the exchange at Tampa Intl. Would do the same again when we go back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...