Drinks package and internet

TJGOD

May I ask is it the same price to book these two things before you go or is it the same when you're on the ship? Many thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It will say on your Cruise Planner if they are offering a discount on either of those for booking in advance. There have been advance discounts on all of our recent cruises.

In addition to the discount, we like having as much prepaid as possible, especially if we don't have a large OBC.

May I ask is it the same price to book these two things before you go or is it the same when you're on the ship? Many thanks :)

I was on the Rhapsody last month. The drinks package was going for somewhere around $41-44/day in advance. Onboard, it was $55/day.

There is a "Deluxe Beverage Package and the VOOM Surf + Stream - 1 Device Package" available for $54 (pp per day) on our 6/11/17 sailing on Oasis of the Seas. I'm actually on this board looking for info on VOOM...LOL. There are 4 of us going (all 21+) so I'm pretty sure we are going to buy the beverage package...just not sure what VOOM covers.

Ok thanks and is it possible for one person to get the Internet and others in our group use the hotspot from the phone that has it? Also if you don't use the paid for Internet can you just use your own data plan that I have on my phone already? My husband has unlimited calls and 4G anywhere in the world, do you think we could use that on the ship? Thanks for your help :)

Ok thanks and is it possible for one person to get the Internet and others in our group use the hotspot from the phone that has it? Also if you don't use the paid for Internet can you just use your own data plan that I have on my phone already? My husband has unlimited calls and 4G anywhere in the world, do you think we could use that on the ship?

That unlimited plan does not work an a ship. You can't hot spot from a phone using WiFI. You can share a one device package across as many devices as you want as long as only one device is logged in at a time.

If your phone has 4G service that's supported by your plan, along with a hostspot feature then yes, you can create a hotspot. Your phone would need 4G service. I took a Hawaii cruise and my phone did have service most of the time even while cruising. They don't always cruise that far away from land.

That unlimited plan does not work an a ship. You can't hot spot from a phone using WiFI. You can share a one device package across as many devices as you want as long as only one device is logged in at a time.

If you are asking if you can take the 1 device plan and make a hotspot out of that, technically the answer is yes but probably not worth the hassle. 1 device is really 1 device logged in at a time. You can log out of one device and into any other device as long as they are not logged in simultaneously.