Designated world cruise areas?

moinmoin

Is it correct that during a world cruise there are designated areas/activities that are for world cruisers only doing the full voyage? I.e. booking a leg "only" you will not have access to some parts?

We were on a QE World Cruise segment in 2015, not the Full World Cruise, and there was a dedicated space within the Garden Lounge for the Full WC with the Concierge at a desk available for them, as well as refreshments and snacks I believe. As I was only on a segment, I was not allowed in. It was only a small area of the Garden Lounge and the rest was open to all.

We were on a QE World Cruise segment in 2015, not the Full World Cruise, and there was a dedicated space within the Garden Lounge for the Full WC with the Concierge at a desk available for them, as well as refreshments and snacks I believe. As I was only on a segment, I was not allowed in. It was only a small area of the Garden Lounge and the rest was open to all.

This was still the case on the 2017 QE world cruise

The picture below is of the port side of the Garden Lounge that was set aside for those doing the full World Voyage on QE (I believe one of the ships (QM2?) has a separate room.). The only activities that I remember that were only for those doing the full WV were some cocktail parties.

There was a Concierge on duty during certain hours in the Lounge who was very helpful.

Don't think you will be excluded from lots of places/things if you are just doing a segment.

34t2y3l.jpg

Is it correct that during a world cruise there are designated areas/activities that are for world cruisers only doing the full voyage? I.e. booking a leg "only" you will not have access to some parts?

correct - there was about half of the Chart Room set aside on the Queen Victoria. (the Winterdarden on the QE and the Atlantic room on the QM2). Its open from early in the morning till 5pm and the concierge is usually on duty for about 6 hours during the day. They are able to do bookings and look after any little issues the world cruisers have including booking independent excursions etc. She can also deal with any issues or ship requests, last year she organised written invitations and food etc for private parties in my rooms which was very handy. Its a great service - of course after the refit Im not sure where the lounge will be situated - hopefully it will be in the new chart room (the old Cafe Carinthia) There is food available during the day and it is updated mid afternoon for afternoon tea.

One of my friends cruely refers to it as the "Zoo" as everyone seems to stare in as they pass and you feel like you are on display.

They also have a WC dinner on land in some fabulous location somewhere, a welcome aboard party and another party each sector which is specific to the 300 odd world cruisers, and also each sector a WC gift, this year this included Binoculars and last year I got a particular heavy model of the Ship.

The sector WC parties are spectacular events. well worth the entrance fee.

http://exitviathegiftshop.blogspot.co.nz/2016/05/the-cake-revealed-final-world-cruise.html

http://exitviathegiftshop.blogspot.co.nz/2016/03/world-cruise-party-hollywood-rocks-blue.html

http://exitviathegiftshop.blogspot.co.nz/2016/02/world-cruise-cocktail-party-20-february.html

If you asked because you were concerned about being not allowed in certain areas if you were not a WCer, its an insignificant area not worth bothering about but if you were curious if there were any additional benefits if you were a WCer, then the extra area is beneficial.