Princess Japan Cruises - dealing with Japanese restriction on bringing mediations

ggprincess2004

Follow-up comment on our recent trip to Japan. We obtained the official permission form for my wife's narcotic pain reliever and checked "yes" on the Japanese customs form given to us on our flight. At the custom's booth at Osaka airport, the agent told my wife she didn't need the permission form, to change the checkmark to "no," and they only wanted to know about illegal drugs such as cocaine, etc. (like anybody is going to admit carrying those!). Anyway, although I believe we did the technically correct thing by getting permission as her medication is on the illegal list, in this case they didn't care and were not searching anybody's luggage.

Follow-up comment on our recent trip to Japan. We obtained the official permission form for my wife's narcotic pain reliever and checked "yes" on the Japanese customs form given to us on our flight. At the custom's booth at Osaka airport, the agent told my wife she didn't need the permission form, to change the checkmark to "no," and they only wanted to know about illegal drugs such as cocaine, etc. (like anybody is going to admit carrying those!). Anyway, although I believe we did the technically correct thing by getting permission as her medication is on the illegal list, in this case they didn't care and were not searching anybody's luggage.

Interesting.

Thanks for posting.