Uisng Carnival MC to pay for HAL charges - earn 1X ot 2X points?

Not sure if this should be here or on Carnival board. Feel free to move if necessary. :)

My sis has a Carnival Mastercard (I know, not the greatest earner, but not my choice, LOL). I know she can use her earned points as statement credit when she gets back from our HAL cruise (can do that for any Carnival Corp lines). However, does anyone know if when she pays for the cruise itself (plus if she uses it for onboard spending), will she earn 2X points like she would on a Carnival cruise, or will she earn just the regular 1X points? If she can earn 2X, we'll use that card, If it's only 1X, then we may use another card instead.

I will have her call if necessary, but I figured if someone here already knew, that would be quicker than waiting on hold :). I did search here but couldn't find anything.

TIA!

Based upon a review of my statement, I did not receive double points when I paid for a HAL cruise with my Carnival MC. I was able to use points to get credit on my account however, so I already got a credit for a decent amount of the cruise fare.

Based upon a review of my statement, I did not receive double points when I paid for a HAL cruise with my Carnival MC. I was able to use points to get credit on my account however, so I already got a credit for a decent amount of the cruise fare.

Ah, nutz! 10,000+ points sure would have been better than 5,000+ points. ;p Will have to do some calculation s to see which card will give the best deal then. Thanks!