Gluten Free on Royal?

I am sailing in 2 weeks on Grandeur, and recently had to adopt a gluten free diet. I'm not totally concerned with cross contamination (of course it's best to avoid it, but I would probably be okay).

We don't usually eat in MDR. Can anyone tell me if the buffet food is labelled, or which of the other places to grab food can accommodate? Obviously some things will be a safer bet than others, but I'd hate to miss out if there are GF alternatives like pizzas or other delicious things. :D

I've emailed the "special needs" address because I wasn't able to edit my dietary needs on the website (it might be too close to sailing, but alas, I didn't know I needed to eat this way until recently).

Any input? Thanks in advance!

Just ask for the chef and they will be more than happy to help you. Royal actually does food allergies and dietary requirements quite well. You may even get special dishes from the chef once he knows what you need.

On most of my recent cruises I have seen windjammer chefs leading guests around pointing out what is safe and what is not.

Just ask for the chef and they will be more than happy to help you. Royal actually does food allergies and dietary requirements quite well. You may even get special dishes from the chef once he knows what you need.

On most of my recent cruises I have seen windjammer chefs leading guests around pointing out what is safe and what is not.

Ah ok, that's good to know. I'm a little hesitant to ask because I know how some people think it's "trendy" to avoid certain food groups, but I really don't want to be miserable for my vacation if I can avoid it. :)

Following this :)Doing Grandeur in August with my daughter (6) who has celiac.

I've read that it's best to do the MDR to avoid cross-contamination and that you can order the day before to make sure they have her meals ready.

I'm wondering if, on the fly, we decide we want a quick lunch at Windjammer can we stop by the MDR to pick up the meal they prepared for her already and bring it with us for her to eat while we're eating buffet food?

Following this :)Doing Grandeur in August with my daughter (6) who has celiac.

I've read that it's best to do the MDR to avoid cross-contamination and that you can order the day before to make sure they have her meals ready.

I'm wondering if, on the fly, we decide we want a quick lunch at Windjammer can we stop by the MDR to pick up the meal they prepared for her already and bring it with us for her to eat while we're eating buffet food?

Just in case you weren't aware, if you go into your reservation and click to "modify" her info, there is a little drop down for dietary needs. Mine isn't currently working, but if you can select it for your daughter it may help them help you.

Just in case you weren't aware, if you go into your reservation and click to "modify" her info, there is a little drop down for dietary needs. Mine isn't currently working, but if you can select it for your daughter it may help them help you.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I know our TA put a note in there but I was planning on contacting RC as the cruise got closer to touch base about all of this.

My adult daughter has to be gluten free. She did let them know ahead of time. She also went to the windjammer and the chef went with her throughout the buffet and advised her on the gluten free items. A lot of them are marked but not all.

In the main dining room they would have her order food a day in advance. They were very accommodating.