LIVE! First time on the Allure of the Seas - May 7, 2017 Eastern Caribbean

Glad you are going to Columbus Cove, thats where DH & I want to go. Please let me know if they offer towels as you disembark. Also, if you are walking over or taking the boat ride, DH NOT a fan of tender boats.

Hope you have a great day & have a Labadoozie for me!! [emoji950][emoji907][emoji484][emoji484]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We plan to walk over to the trolley stop, then ride down the hill to Columbus Cove [emoji41]

I'll definitely have a Labadoozie.... or two....:tropical-drink::tropical-drink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm soo jealous!! ;p

Dinner at Giovanni's was good. Not great, but good. Lobster is definitely available, I had it as an add on to my grilled shrimp

The risotto which has always been a favorite of mine, was completely tasteless [emoji30]I love truffle anything, and this unfortunately had none....(it was supposed to).

How was the "lobster critter" and what the heck is truffle. It sounds like one of the fuzzy things on Star Trek.

And they keep the BUG population under control!:)

No doubt part of the pest management plan that has helped ease USDA concerns about the park. They try to minimize the use of insecticides for obvious reasons. In the early days USDA was inspecting the park twice a month, now it is down to twice a year because things have gone well. But if they can't control the pests then they will probably have to remove the plants and trees and replace them with fake ones.

How was the "lobster critter" and what the heck is truffle. It sounds like one of the fuzzy things on Star Trek.

The lobster was good - better than other lobsters I've been served on other ships.

Truffle is a type of exotic and very expensive mushroom , considered somewhat of a delicacy. The mushroom risotto was completely missing any evidence of truffle oil flavor. If you're a truffle oil fan you'd be disappointed like I was [emoji30] Oh well, I'm quite sure I didn't starve ....[emoji6]

Good morning! We are just about at Labadee, and once again it is a gorgeous sunny day ☀️

d71c058c065cd20460c35100e409c0ab.jpg

Time to have some breakfast and head ashore soon after the gangway opens at 10.

I'll be taking lots of pictures today, and will post a full recap once I'm back onboard later this afternoon.

For those who may be interested, the Captain backed the ship into port at both St. Maarten and now Labadee. If your cabin is Port side, there isn't much to see from your balcony while the ship is docked. I say that, but looking at the ocean works for me any day! [emoji4][emoji41]

My stateroom attendant brought me these suite treats ❤️

474ca7846635e8301319543289bda117.jpg

Here are 2 bathroom observations, since we are on the subject...

The glass shelf directly above the sink poses a bit of a challenge when washing your face, I feel like I'm going to hit it on the way up when I'm rinsing [emoji15] so instead I move away from it and soak the floor = lose-lose!

On the plus side, the shower stall is slightly larger than Freedom class, you can see this by looking at that nifty foot bar that makes in shower leg shaving a reality!

b0ad6a5b6f526c48872ab74da1f43f75.jpg

We were just treated with a neat parade of seadoo's with the riders waving hello to us and shouting welcome to Labadee! First time I've seen anything like it [emoji106][emoji16]

13ae896a1e2e5d98a5e842be431dea16.jpg

7e903e58dd951307f561a3243a1818a2.jpg

d3aa954b6d385f4a8004df45414cb115.jpg

Just enjoying breakfast a la balcony. Let's play spot the healthy choice [emoji6]

b100b515010cc2811853e39364e4be72.jpg

My stateroom attendant brought me these suite treats ❤️

474ca7846635e8301319543289bda117.jpg

When my wife mentioned how much she liked the loccitane lotion, two large bottles appeared in our room from the secret stash. [emoji6]

When my wife mentioned how much she liked the loccitane lotion, two large bottles appeared in our room from the secret stash. [emoji6]

That's good to know! Traveling with 5 in our jr and was worried that my daughter would use all the shampoo! At least I know I can get some more if she does that.

Loyal2Royal

MOTS 11/04, NOTS 4/18,

Allure 9/17, Anthem 4/18

That's good to know! Traveling with 5 in our jr and was worried that my daughter would use all the shampoo! At least I know I can get some more if she does that.

I suspect that the larger bottles are promotional items for people to take home so they get hooked and then buy more.

They will give you as many small bottles on the ship as you need though.

My gosh Robyn, you couldn't have Ordered better weather and Seas this week. I'm envious and can only hope for similar for our June 18th Sailing.

Last October (Oasis) we departed FLL when Hurricane Matthew was wreaking havoc in the Caribbean, but it had little if any impact on our Cruise, so you just never know.

Again, I'm enjoying and look forward to your Reports.

Good morning! We are just about at Labadee, and once again it is a gorgeous sunny day ☀️

d71c058c065cd20460c35100e409c0ab.jpg

Time to have some breakfast and head ashore soon after the gangway opens at 10.

I'll be taking lots of pictures today, and will post a full recap once I'm back onboard later this afternoon.

For those who may be interested, the Captain backed the ship into port at both St. Maarten and now Labadee. If your cabin is Port side, there isn't much to see from your balcony while the ship is docked. I say that, but looking at the ocean works for me any day! [emoji4][emoji41]

I'm baaaaaaack! Bob is correct, no wifi on Labadee, but it was actually nice to disconnect for the day [emoji106] We disembarked at 10:30AM and pretty much walked off the ship, there were no lines at all. Labadee is so beautiful and I love every time I visit

38896bbae5bb4e11ac642e4e57ff0bdc.jpg

We took the ferry directly over to Columbus Cove - this was a first for me because it wasn't operational in February. The ride was quick and easy, but a word of warning to anyone with limited physical capability/mobility, the ferry docks at an area where you need to climb a hill on cobblestone, and come down the other side.

The weather.... what can I say? This has been the perfectly sunny weather cruise and today was no exception.

3139b097862d981c1467c7d518e95ca5.jpg

1f4a9ebb7eaad98f5999496e1c1c3b50.jpg

518c8db54fa2f4fe1a750867cb8e6d84.jpg

Lunch was the BBQ, and I usually really like the food, but today was a bit of a miss. Maybe it was only the Columbus Cove BBQ, but the chicken was charred, the rice undercooked, and the ribs were tasteless [emoji30]oh well, at least the burger was good!

I had a floating beach mat and thoroughly enjoyed floating around all day [emoji16]

We didn't visit the Artisans Market, however we did donate to the steel drum band playing as we were walking back to the ship.

Since I missed this sign on the way in because we took the ferry, here it is now

32ac1ba0a4c348e18987db09b4dae47c.jpg

The water is just spectacular on Labadee

669a1ba7f5fa78195838b4e812b15a4c.jpg

We had a wonderful day, and headed back to the ship at about 3:30PM. The line was minimal and we were back onboard by 4PM.

Tonight we have reservations at Chops Grille for 8PM.

The Quest is later tonight and I am definitely attending [emoji106]

Thanks for following along [emoji41]

My gosh Robyn, you couldn't have Ordered better weather and Seas this week. I'm envious and can only hope for similar for our June 18th Sailing.

Last October (Oasis) we departed FLL when Hurricane Matthew was wreaking havoc in the Caribbean, but it had little if any impact on our Cruise, so you just never know.

Again, I'm enjoying and look forward to your Reports.

I know!!! The weather has been unbelievable [emoji106][emoji41]

Funny thing is - the Compass keeps saying it's going to rain....I really think another poster on here may have been right and they recycled the eastern compass from 2 weeks ago lol [emoji15]

3139b097862d981c1467c7d518e95ca5.jpg

I do understand directionally challenged but that ship is NOT backed in!:confused:;)

Lunch was the BBQ, and I usually really like the food, but today was a bit of a miss. Maybe it was only the Columbus Cove BBQ, but the chicken was charred, the rice undercooked, and the ribs were tasteless [emoji30]oh well, at least the burger was good!

That must be where most of the flies were landing. They always add that certain something to the Labadee food.:rolleyes: