Complimentary upgrade 242 days ahead?

Vacationdreamer<><

TA called today. Our family of 8 was book in adjoining (non-connecting) ocean view staterooms with Fantastica package for 1/6/18. MSC contacted her to offer us non-connecting balcony cabins two doors apart. Since we were not connecting to begin with and we like the location of the new staterooms this is acceptable to us.

But I'm left to wonder why they'd do adjusting like this 242 days out.

Any ideas? TA couldn't come up with a guess either.

Old staterooms were 5124 and 5120.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Old staterooms were 5124 and 5120.

There have been several changes to cabin capacities. It is possible one of the cabins no longer holds four so they needed to move you. You got an actual upgrade which is better than some.

ETA: There are no other Fantastica OV on your sailing, so they were probably forced to upgrade rather than move to another cabin of same type.

Edited by Até

Any idea what would happen if we declined the upgrade?

Also, I haven't gotten back in touch with my TA yet and I just noted that the new cabins are under the Panorama Bar. I don't believe this is a nightclub situation, but rather the deck between buffet and aft pool.

Do you think this would be unpleasantly loud?

Any idea what would happen if we declined the upgrade?

Also, I haven't gotten back in touch with my TA yet and I just noted that the new cabins are under the Panorama Bar. I don't believe this is a nightclub situation, but rather the deck between buffet and aft pool.

Do you think this would be unpleasantly loud?

What cabins, deck 15? Those beneath panorama bar area are under the buffet seating. If carpeted it would probably be okay, I can't tell from the renderings. If under the outdoor section you could hear furniture moving. If you play hardball they might offer the upgrade to someone else in a four person OV and move you into that cabin with no upgrade.

A quick look shows lots of Fantastica balconies on other decks and areas. Perhaps you could ask for different cabins. Note; there are none side by side, four person balcony cabins seem to alternate.

From the ship model that looks like a covered outdoor section of the buffet above you, so hard surface flooring. I don't expect they would move the furniture for cleaning, but would expect it to be hosed down each morning. There could be morning noise with people pulling out chairs when sitting down. There are lots of other combinations also separated by one cabin that would be nicer, you can find some combinations that are open and have your TA ask. If no, then it will be a personal choice.

Another thing, MSC officially doesn't even have to ask and can just move you wherever as long as it's the same category or "better". They also could just move one and leave the other. Perhaps a lot of the negative comments I've seen over being randomly moved is paying off.

From the ship model that looks like a covered outdoor section of the buffet above you, so hard surface flooring. I don't expect they would move the furniture for cleaning, but would expect it to be hosed down each morning. There could be morning noise with people pulling out chairs when sitting down. There are lots of other combinations also separated by one cabin that would be nicer, you can find some combinations that are open and have your TA ask. If no, then it will be a personal choice.

Thank you for your insight and assistance.

I will ask our TA about inquiring on other options, if any are offered.

Another thing, MSC officially doesn't even have to ask and can just move you wherever as long as it's the same category or "better". They also could just move one and leave the other. Perhaps a lot of the negative comments I've seen over being randomly moved is paying off.

Yes. And they are doing it 8 months ahead of time, as opposed to 8 days.

So - they found us some balcony state rooms on deck 11. They are more midship, with state rooms above and below.

I'm sorry this ship does not have more connecting state rooms, or state rooms that are side-by-side that each sleep four.

Interestingly, the invoices show a number of amenities listed, then canceled, with each passenger's booking information. It hadn't even dawned on me that there were balcony-specific amenities, or that we might have thought that we would get them. I guess some folks would think that way, but I was just concerned about them making room assignments so unpleasant for my family that we would have to cancel.

I am a wee bit concerned that they may have inadvertently removed the amenities we DID get with our booking six months ago. I have asked our TA to make sure that they are still intact.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's about a $400 per cabin upgrade. Since your move was from and to Fantastica I cannot think of any different amenities the balcony would have offered that could be cancelled, we would need specifics. I cannot see how they could possibly justify kicking you down to a Bella experience. Also, any booking promotions you originally got should remain since it was MSC that had to move you.

Make sure you still have the drink vouchers, get preferred choice dining time or flexi dining, 24 hour room service, and access to the child activities/classes.