Grand prix Abu dhabi November

hobgoblin

Just got mail from my travel agent saying the Constellation is now not having 2 nights docked in Abu Dhabi and is now stopping in Dubai .

Really gutted as took this trip specifically to see the qualifying and the race .

Just got mail from my travel agent saying the Constellation is now not having 2 nights docked in Abu Dhabi and is now stopping in Dubai .

Really gutted as took this trip specifically to see the qualifying and the race .

Hi Hobgoblin,

Suggest you, and any others going to the GP, email X asking them "to confirm that as a result of the Itinerary Change they will be providing, for all passengers who require it, COMPLEMENTARY transportation from the Constellation in Dubai to the Yas Marina circuit for the GP Qualifying and return to Dubai after the post-Qualifying concert".

I also have two-day tickets for the GP and have sent X an email

The silver lining is that it does give more time to get to the circuit for Qualifying, join the roll call where there may be further info on this in the future.

Rgds,

You now have a better chance of seeing the qualifying. We get into Dubai at 11:30 am. You weren't getting into Abu Dhabi until 4:30 cutting qualifying really really close. Come on over to the roll call. Transportation is being set up. This is a good thing for formula one fans.

Thanks folks for that.

Never really thought of going from Dubai into Abu Dhabi for the day! guess it is a good thing then.

Are we likely to get transport organised by celebrity for the qualifying ?

Has anyone set up a thread for transport,didn't see anything on the roll call.

Haven't ever really gone on anything other than organised tours from the ship,this might be the exception,really keen to see as much of the racing as possible .

Looks like X are changing a few of the itineraries in that region. We were informed yesterday that New Mangalore has been removed completely from our itinerary, and there are time changes to other port stops too :(. No explanation as to why the alterations have been made, except to 'enhance our experience'? Still trying to figure that one out :confused:?

I was on the same cruise last year and those changes make a lot of sense, both for F1 fans (who will be able to see qualification on the Saturday - we had a 4 pm arrival in Abu Dhabi, and many folk missed all or some of it) and for non-F1 fans, many of whom chose to spend one of the days in Dubai anyway. Celebrity got a barrage of criticism for selling it as a 3-day F1 experience, when in reality the only thing you could be really sure of was the race and evening concerts on Saturday & Sunday.

Easy transportation from Dubai down to Abu Dhabi and lots of time to get the circuit make this a Good Thing :)

If Celebrity do set up transportation, my advice would be to ignore it and arrange your own - they very belatedly did for our cruise, but it was very expensive. The likelihood of them laying it on for free is pretty much zero in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Cotswold Eagle