Bermuda June 2018

StuckiTribe

We are looking at doing NCL's Escape to Bermuda in June 2018 for our daughter's college graduation. I was trying to decide between June 3-10 or June 10-17. When doing my research, I found that the Newport-Bermuda race starts June 15, 2018, but it looks like it starts in Mass. and ends in Bermuda. If we did the 10-17th, our last day in port would be the 15th. I know nothing about sailing, or the America's Cup, etc, so I'm not sure how much this would affect crowding, beaches, etc for being in port for 3 days. Do you think either week would be fine? Will race people be in Bermuda for the start of the race or do you think they will start coming in after the start of the race (after we would be headed back to NY)? Just wanting to get some opinions before I finalize my booking on Monday. I'm so excited to cruise the Escape again! We did the Haven last year to the Eastern Caribbean with our entire family, and it was one of our best vacations ever! The kids have been begging to cruise on the Escape again ever since. Bermuda looks amazing, has beautiful pictures, and great reviews, so I'm excited to try a new destination!

We are looking at doing NCL's Escape to Bermuda in June 2018 for our daughter's college graduation. I was trying to decide between June 3-10 or June 10-17. When doing my research, I found that the Newport-Bermuda race starts June 15, 2018, but it looks like it starts in Mass. and ends in Bermuda. If we did the 10-17th, our last day in port would be the 15th. I know nothing about sailing, or the America's Cup, etc, so I'm not sure how much this would affect crowding, beaches, etc for being in port for 3 days. Do you think either week would be fine? Will race people be in Bermuda for the start of the race or do you think they will start coming in after the start of the race (after we would be headed back to NY)? Just wanting to get some opinions before I finalize my booking on Monday. I'm so excited to cruise the Escape again! We did the Haven last year to the Eastern Caribbean with our entire family, and it was one of our best vacations ever! The kids have been begging to cruise on the Escape again ever since. Bermuda looks amazing, has beautiful pictures, and great reviews, so I'm excited to try a new destination!

I don't think that race will have any effect. I have been going in June the last few years and I try to do that second June week because the water temperature is warmer.

Thanks! I know America's Cup has been discussed to bring in more crowds, so I wasn't sure how this race would affect it. Of course, we want to go when the weather and water is warmer and the 2nd week of June works better for our schedule! I can't wait....wish it was this June! :)